My mods begin... with...

jakhammer

Established Member
I bought my 12 used in november last year with basicly 6400 miles after my lengthy test drive. It now sits in hibernation with 7045 on the clock. I have been working on my mod list every since I parked it. Today I ordered my first round of mods. Damn mod bugs bite me hard. Not real fond of how it feels when the nose comes up to the top of the strut travel, it feels floaty or squirrelly. Dont like the 4x4 look. Dont think it rides firm enough. Wheel hope drive me bonkers. So I looked the forums over and decided what parts I thought I needed. Then I was impressed by something I kept seeing on here. Then I thought to myself maybe cheaping out on parts might not be the best route. Then after seeing more impressive post on here I decided to spend a bit more on parts due to costumer service. sooooo....

I called Kelly at BMR. Let me just say Kelly is plain awesome! I am not well versed in suspension at all. Kelly walked me through the whys and answered every question. Im sure it can get annoying when uneducated people like me call. Never phased him at all. He explained lots of things. Then when it was all said and done and I told him what I was looking for and what the cars purpose was he put together a package for me. Ofcourse I didnt have all the cash and could not buy it right then. Told him I would order by the end of january. Today I did.

Full BMR package is on its way. Yes, my very first mods are suspension. Crazy I know. Even more so for a guy that has never done suspension mods other than traction bars. So whats on the way you might be asking?

Springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strange single adjustable struts, Viking double adjustable shocks, LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, UCA, UCA mount, and an adjustable panhard bar. Should be a great first set of mods. It will also set me up for a better look when I get my wheels and tires.

Shout out to Kelly. He is the man. Him being on the forum and answering so many questions is what got my attention. The first phone call sealed the deal. I will always spend more money for awesome costumer service. Thanks Kelly and BMR!

Last edited:

fightermatt

Established Member
No personal experience with BMR, heard only good things so far on this forum about them. Always cool when someone with knowledge and experience takes the time to educate us newcomers without making us feel like we aren't worth their time.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Full BMR package is on its way. Yes, my very first mods are suspension. Crazy I know.

Quite the opposite my friend. This is the first car I have ever had where I did the suspension first, and I couldn't be happier I did. When you have a car that will hook and put the power to the ground, you get the MOST out of your "Go-Fast" mods when they come. Good job :beer:

Last edited:

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Quite the opposite my friend. This is the first car I have ever had where I did the suspension first, and I couldn't be happier I did. When you have a car that will hook and put the power to the ground, you get the MOST out of your "Go-Fast" mods when they come. Good job :beer:

You couldnt be more correct. In stock trim the coyote is pretty quick. But wheel hop and floaty suspension kills it. Get the suspension sorted and its amazing how much faster it feels when you can stand on it in 1st with out it wanting to kill itself. Then when you get sick of that power level, you are ready to step it up.

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Kelly walked me thru the same process. Very helpful, knowledgeable , and is willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction..

jakhammer

Established Member
I can't wait. I can see a k member in my future as well. Just not for a bit. Next up is full exhaust set up, cai, tune, and wheels. God this car is gonna break me. Glad I got a good deal on it. Low payment.

Users who are viewing this thread