My Metco 4-piece pulley set + belt install

Live Wire

Established Member
So just posting in the event it helps someone later. I bought the Metco 100mm snub, 1-90mm, and 2-100mm aux pulley set. I have a 3" sc pulley, and stock crank pulley. When doing the Metco math, you come to 76.5" with their set and with a 3" sc pulley and stock crank pulley. And doing some searching here, I found a thread of someone with a similar setup (2.9" sc pulley) that chose to use a 75.5".

I decided to reinstall the old 74.5" that was on the car before the pulley swap just to see if I could, and to see where the tensioner gauge fell. It went on, though a little tight (obviously). The tensioner wasn't completely extended down, but the marker was at the right edge of the little raised tension gauge. I also used a string to measure how much slack the tensioner will pull in from all the way down to all the way up and it comes in around ~2" so I decided to get a 75.5".

For whatever reason, LMR doesn't carry a Gates 75.5" but rather a 75.65" so that's what I got. CobraBob's old (original) belt page actually listed 75.5" for my config, and in my opinion, is the better route to go instead of the Metco measurements. I think their 76.5" recommendation would work, but the tensioner will be close(r) to maxing up. I would say somewhere between 75.5" or 76" is ideal.

Here she is at 75.65" with no miles or heat on her yet. I figure after a nice hot engine and some strong pulls, she'll relax a bit more and be pretty close to center.
gates755.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m same as you but a 2.9 upper. Been running the 080765 for a few years. No issue.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Live Wire

Established Member
Yea I suppose as long as the tensioner can apply full pressure, anything will work. Just for reference, where does your marker fall on the tensioner gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread