Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
And it killed a Cobra!
1/4miles in 11.96 @121.16 and 0-60 in 3.88! :rockon: :rockon:

APRIL ISSUE OF 5.0 p.50

Check it out! It's sweet! :beer:

SHAKRR

Road Racin', what was the deciding factor in going with Vortech?

Previous experience? Water intercooler? Bad experience with others?

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
.Well. Aside from the fact that they make the best street blowers...they are the most reliable for dail driving... water is 9 times more effective as a cooling medium... and I worked there for 3.5 years :rockon:
I've messed with every blower you can get your hands on. And other are nice... But the engineering that goes into the Vortech truly is the best. Look at the cast brackets and the fit and finish of a kit. I've put on a few "other" brand blowers and it's a pain the ass. Vortech fits and works like stock. BTW, I'm no longer affiliated with them in anyway, I'm just a guy who's had a half done vortech blown cars and I know what they do. In Oct 5.0 (2002) we did a blower test. I had 4 different blower trims on my saleen in 1 week :D. it was fun to compare!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'm kind of curious on a few things with the Vortech. The aftercooler; how does it work exactly? Is water being pumped through it all the time or what? Is the tank with the red cap what's used for holding that water? If not what is that for? Is it absolutely necessary to move the battery to the trunk or could that tank from Vortech be mounted somewhere else?

Sorry for all the questions but I'll be in the market for a sc soon and originally wanted the Procharger, but now I'm rethinking things. Plus, from what I've read, the Vortech seems to make more power, also.

Thanks,
Blaise

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
It has it's own water, pump and heat exchanger. It works like a car radiator, but only for the charger air. yes, water is always being pumped through it. Yes, that tank is the water for it. No, the bat could go anywhere, but where else could it go? Any other quesions? LEt me know :)

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Road Racin'
Great numbers man....btw i am a 03 cobra owner and i have no problems with the mach1 out performing my/any cobra.
Just some 03 guys think their 03/04's are gods gift to cars and overlook our other n/a brothers(yes i know yours is FI now).
Big :thumbsup:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
thanks for the + feedback :) I love Cobra's and almost got one but the vortech deal was too good for me to pass up... There are 03 cobras that could kill me and there are 4cyl cars that could kill cobras... To each his own!

SHAKRR

A few more questions for RoadRacin

For your fuel delivery system, did you upgrade to the twin pump Cobra fuel tank, or just opt for the size increase on the single pump from the stock tank? IF you stayed with the single pump, did you add something such as the Kenne Bell BOOST A PUMP? Pumps will tend to lose some presure over time.

Also, did you upgrade the fuel rails and if so, who did you use?

Thanks for the help.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Just did the intank pump upgrade and 42# injectors. Vortech has a Sweet pump upgrade thats different that what everyone else has used for years. This is MUCH better then a 255 but it's not as good as swapping to the cobra setup. I don't need the cobra setup at this hp and don't want to spend the $. If I try to get more out of it then I will have to do something to the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread