My Little Project

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
Since the manifold is off my truck while the engine is being fixed, I decided to do a few things with it, to make it ready for the new Whipple that is going atop it. I first gasket matched the ports, just to get a little better intake flow. I also took a little extra material off in the runners, and smoothed a little of the casting. Then I went ahead, drilled a 1/2" hole in where the water gets blocked off between cylinder 7/8, and welded on a 3/4" hose barb fitting. I also chopped the big 3/4" hard line on the opposite side, and welded another 3/4" hose barb fitting there. Then I ran them together with a tee, then up to the quick connect fitting. It should clean things up a little, and cool a lot better. No worries now going into the Arizona summer. Then I painted it all. Just thought I would share.

Oh yeah, those are the fuel rails to go along with the rest of the fuel system. They are super high quality, and will give me what I need.

-Andy

lomanifold1.bmp

lomanifold2.bmp

lomanifold3.bmp

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
It looks good. You may need to re-do them a bit once installed though. It looks like the passenger hose is already collapsing a bit but I'm sure you'll git 'er done when it's installed.

Where'd you get the diamondplate plenum?

Users who are viewing this thread