My little 1990 notch made it to the dyno today.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
On3 68mm kit, 12lbs of boost. Explorer intake, F303 cam, forged internals, dished pistons, Scorpion 1.6:1 roller rockers, GT40x heads, T56 swap.

How happy were you with the On3 kit? Have heard mixed reviews about it.

What size intercooler?

Extremite

Established Member
Overall I'm happy with it. Aside from the typical V-band issues that everyone seems to complain about the kit was pretty straight forward and fit very well. Beware, though, that they ship with a 6lb wastegate spring unless you specify otherwise. All-in-all I am satisfied with the kit and will probably order another one for my next Mustang. Intercooler is a 3".

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Most people who complain about the On3 kit usually don't have the knowledge to properly install a turbo kit which cause a lot of issues... and definitely v-bands

Extremite

Established Member
Once I get some real tires on the back of it I'll try to get another video or two of it driving around. I may go ahead and pick up a GoPro for shits and giggles on cyber Monday.

99BlownVert

Established Member
Awesome man, cool setup. I made 447 475 with my on3 kit on 8lbs. This is with AFR 165 heads.

People were not happy with the first gen kits, but it has been revised a bunch now and is much better than it was in the past. Mine is great, car sounds dead stock except for cam idle and runs and drives stock until you get into it. I also have heat and AC still which is another plus with the kit. I will buy one in the future again for sure

Last edited:

Extremite

Established Member
Good stuff. I figure better heads would push my numbers up a good bit but I'm already at that comfort level on the stock block. After a Boss block goes in I may upgrade the heads and intake manifold soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread