My Lightning was abused...

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
Yesterday afternoon. I was at the lake by my house bass fishing. I use my Lightning to tow my boat to the lake, 15 min away. It’s a nice lake in the mountains , not many people . I fish there 1-2 times a week never a problem.... About 20 min after I got my boat in the water and I start fishing, My brother said he can hear my Lightning’s alarm going off. Well it was going off. I have the stock ford one that honks the horn over and over. So I go back to the boat dock as fast as I can, get to my L and there is greasy hand prints all over the drivers window and door.... I moved my L down to the rangers / bate shop. My buddy works in there, he said he would watch it when I was on the lake.... Then about 1 hour later I can hear my alarm going crazy again. I went back to it and this time had smudges all over the back slider, with twigs stuck in the seal ..... The ranger said he never saw someone messing with it..... I loaded my boat on the trailer and come home. I don’t want any thing to happen to my truck... Im just mad some one was trying to mess with my L.... I had a 95 Lightning stolen from me over 3 years ago in Phoenix AZ. And it never came back....

What alarm do you guys think I should invest in... This really sucks I have to be this nervous about people messing with my baby...

Sorry for the long post guys, But any help would be great.

Jimmy

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
Guns work good. Seriously though, alarms wont deter someone who really wants your shit, they will just deter the rookies.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Dusten said:
Guns work good. Seriously though, alarms wont deter someone who really wants your shit, they will just deter the rookies.
+1 to that man...try a Ruger, or a D-Eagle...either of those should pretty much keep anyone away, short of them driving a tank

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Solid glass window FTW!!!
And like the above posts, Guns are a good choice at protecting your truck

DSM Storm

Established Member
Guns cant protect your truck if your not there to pull the trigger. Alarms are only as good as they are installed. I can disable 90% of the alarms installed within a mater of 15 minutes. I do it all the time, people come into the shop with their car on a flatbed because they lost their alarm transmitter or the main module went haywire. Anyhow, Ive always had good luck with prestige alarms. But if someone really wants your truck, they are gonna take it.

Storm

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
Is there a tracking device to mount some where on the truck? That the Police can track down??

Last edited:

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Ya Lojack like everyone else said, i have one on my cobra and i dont worry about it as much now

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
go back and lay in the bed with a gun. when they show up, pop and and say suprise mother f'er.

sikklightning04

sikklightning04
Established Member
A hiden kill switch is also an option.

That is a very good option. we have them on all of our cars and are very easy to install. Find a really good place to mount them, very hidden, and they are the cheapest and best way to prevent a car from being stolen.

A good alarm is a Clifford or a Viper. I have the 2nd from top of the line Clifford, which is the exact same as the viper. It will page me if anyone touches my car, the range is up to a 1/4 mile away.

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I have the viper system with the remote start. They say that alarm system is amazing. It has a built in kill switch and goes off if sum1 messes with it

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
that sucks ass man. i'd get the one that has the digital display key fob. whenever the alarm goes off, it alerts you and tells you what is being tampered with. i think the range is pretty damn decent, just can't recall the manufacturer at the moment. i do want to say viper, buy i'm not 100% on that. the alarm horn itself is totally useless, no one pays them any attention if you haven't already noticed that for yourself.

edit: sikklight beat me to it, lol.

Last edited:

vertgt95

Established Member
Get a PUMA! Ricky Bobby style. Sucks that they same jerk tried to break into your L twice.

Mondo1

Established Member
Fuel pump cut-off switch also an excellent option. Mount it somewhere inconspicuous. I have them on all my cars. Driver will only be able to start engine (if he's that lucky) My exhaust is loud enough to alert either me or someone close by. 99.9 % of the time, the theft freaks out and runs. Cheap and good device.

Last edited:

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
a properly installed kill switch will better protect your truck from theft compared to a car alarm. The car alarm is simply a noise maker to tell you someone is messing with it. As was mentioned before, most installers get paid per install so they don't take the time to really hide the control module and they make it pretty easy for a professional to bypass.

Circuits I would disable for theft protection would be fuel or crank trigger (pip) signal. There is no way they are starting the truck without fuel or pip signal. :)

This is all assuming that they didn't come with a tow truck :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread