my Lightning vs 09 shelby gt500

betsvt

Established Member
tried my best to time the downshift..

enjoy.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gm4DYUFSo"]ford lightning vs shelby gt500 - YouTube[/nomedia]

i really want to race a pullied shelby now

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Damn your truck is a beast. I eventually want to go built and TS for my L but that'll be down the road. As it sits, it's def slower than my 03 Cobra but still fun to drive.

betsvt

Established Member
Damn your truck is a beast. I eventually want to go built and TS for my L but that'll be down the road. As it sits, it's def slower than my 03 Cobra but still fun to drive.
yea it's alot of work but it is fun.. although sometimes i find myself asking why i just didnt get a cobra :bash:

whats the curb weight on a lighting?
around 4700pounds

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
thanks guys, i have too much into mine... :rolling:

is yours stock? i know the new ones pull alot harder.
would make a great race!

Mods are in my sig, but I've got an upper pulley with a hanful of other parts just waiting to go on when time allows it. Would love to run your L now and after my new mods. Haven't lost a roll race yet, so it would be a good gauge.

betsvt

Established Member
Mods are in my sig, but I've got an upper pulley with a hanful of other parts just waiting to go on when time allows it. Would love to run your L now and after my new mods. Haven't lost a roll race yet, so it would be a good gauge.

im sure you are gunna put down close to 600 after that pulley and would smoke me... would still be a good run, im installing a meth kit soon

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
That looked too easy. How well do you think the L with the meth will do up a ported cobra?

betsvt

Established Member
That looked too easy. How well do you think the L with the meth will do up a ported cobra?

well to answer your question, here is my truck running against OEM's cobra.. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_BY8cqqNW4"]built svt lightning vs ported and pullied cobra (re-match) - YouTube[/nomedia]

and this is without meth. for some reason his cobra runs very strong for only 12psi, he has beaten other pullied cobras with 16+psi

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
tried my best to time the downshift..

enjoy.

ford lightning vs shelby gt500 - YouTube

i really want to race a pullied shelby now

Nice run! Little advice, when you're roll racing like that don't leave it in drive and try to time the downshift against a manual car. Manually put it in 2nd gear and right after you mash the gas bump it up into drive and it'll shift on it's own into 3rd at the normal shift point. Worked perfect for me every time.

betsvt

Established Member
Nice run! Little advice, when you're roll racing like that don't leave it in drive and try to time the downshift against a manual car. Manually put it in 2nd gear and right after you mash the gas bump it up into drive and it'll shift on it's own into 3rd at the normal shift point. Worked perfect for me every time.

i usually do that but this was a 20 roll, 2nd gear wouldnt have pulled hard or would have to downshift also.
1st gear shifts way to fast and its very easy to skip too far ahead

Users who are viewing this thread