My Lightning Build

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Its time to start posting the pics of the progress, this month it will change more than it has the last year

How it sat Oct 15, 2007, before the surgery

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_1030-1.jpg

IMG_1031-1.jpg

IMG_1035-1.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
I think you need to edit your post BC, for some reason your missing some certain pics I sent a while back lol :D FFS

Shipping will begin soon ;)

busakiller

Established Member
good shit. looks like somebody gets it around here.

get rid of the dynomat if speed is your number one priority. that shit is heavy.

btw, a ten second daily driver is impossible...

Last edited:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I think you need to edit your post BC, for some reason your missing some certain pics I sent a while back lol :D FFS

Shipping will begin soon ;)

I'll wait to post the new pics in a few weeks :beer:

get rid of the dynomat if speed is your number one priority. that shit is heavy.

btw, a ten second daily driver is impossible...

Dynamat stays, and a daily drivable 10sec L is not impossible, it just takes more work than most want to put into it

this truck will have more power than I know what to do with it, hopefully 750hp+ but will not see a cage, its not going to be a full out drag truck

Wow, i love that frame! :coolman:

Thanks, it was a Bi%^H to get it down to the frame, but seeing how good it turned out it made it worth it

Awsome man. Looks good.

Alright another member of the gray console w/ tan lid club lol. :rockon:

LOL it wont stay that way

Last edited:

SVT2122

Established Member

Sorry we all don't have 50k burning holes in our pockets? :shrug:

On a side note, this is a great representation as to what I'd do with 50k burning a whole in my pocket.

Last edited:

busakiller

Established Member
What makes you think that a 10 sec DD is impossible

horsepower=maintenance

its plain physics. i work at a performance shop. i see it day in and day out. the only way to have a DD that goes 10's is to have a stock motor in something that weighs 2000lbs. it wont burn up clutches/converters, trannys, rearends, etc.

theres a difference between a street car and a daily driver.

Last edited:

busakiller

Established Member
Sorry we all don't have 50k burning holes in our pockets? :shrug:

umm, in this economy nobody has 50k to burn. im a grease monkey, i dont make shit. it took 3 years to build my truck. if you want to go fast, you have to pay to play. and i mean with both time and money.

SVT2122

Established Member
^ Understood, I'm in the same boat, but please expand more on "someone around here gets it" please, as I'm mildly confused as to what it is.

3 of my buddies drive 10 second cobra's around all year with the exception of winter, but thats easily understandable.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
horsepower=maintenance

its plain physics. i work at a performance shop. i see it day in and day out. the only way to have a DD that goes 10's is to have a stock motor in something that weighs 2000lbs. it wont burn up clutches/converters, trannys, rearends, etc.

theres a difference between a street car and a daily driver.

I completely understand and agree...I guess I'll have a 10 sec drive it whenever the hell I want to truck

busakiller

Established Member
^ Understood, I'm in the same boat, but please expand more on "someone around here gets it" please, as I'm mildly confused as to what it is.

3 of my buddies drive 10 second cobra's around all year with the exception of winter, but thats easily understandable.

a cobra and a lightning are two totally different animals. do they depend on these 10 second cars? i'll bet they have another vehicle to get em to work and run errands.

"someone around here gets it" was nothing personal. if you took offense to a generalized comment, then i dont know what to tell ya.

I completely understand and agree...I guess I'll have a 10 sec drive it whenever the hell I want to truck

yup. what alot of people dont understand until they go thru it is, a built motor with alot of boost has a limited life span. if you drive the thing to work everyday, its miles on the truck that are being used for something other than its built for (speed). ive never cruised my hot rods, its a waste. i drive em to the meet spot, and then to the race spot. i build shit to go fast and thats what i use it for.

BC, i dont mean to jack your thread and for that i apologize. just trying to educate some people a little bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread