My KB 2.6L mysteriously grew...

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Yep my 2.6 grew right before my very eyes! I wouldn't have believed it otherwise! So immediately I setup an appointment with Jon Lund to check it out on Evolution's state of the art Mustang Dyno. We knew something was up because she was reading 2 more pounds of boost, boost ramped up quicker, on the 3rd pull she loosened a strap, and raised Jon up off the seat.., and by the 4th pull she was reading 706/702 SAE corrected MD #'s,.....the conclusion was my 2.6L had grown into a 2.8HO.....:rolling:

The 706/702 #'s were achieved with 25.7 lbs of boost, 22.75 timing, 11.6 - 11.7 a/f, 112 leaded race gas, and Jon Lund's SCT tune..

The previous best with the 2.6 (non H) was 636/655 (same mustang dyno) on 2lbs less of boost.

Ok - Ok - so it didn't exactly grow before my eyes. I sent the 2.6 off to KB for some R&R. To make a long story short I messed the front seal up. The folks at KB replaced the seal, rebuilt the drive, & re-sealed the front cover - all under warantee!! And they turned it around in 1.5 days. I couldn't have asked for any better customer service...:beer: So as the 2.6 was on it's way back the mod demon said I had to put a 2.8HO on 'er or he'd break my half-shaft..:fm: & then he called my buddy up and told him he had to buy my 2.6 or he'd break his half-shaft again!! We had no choice - :dw:

A big thanks to Evolution performance for hooking me up with the 2.8HO..:rockon:

Here is the dyno graph..there is a vid of the dyno floating around somewhere..hint..hint..(fred)..

July13th2.8HDyno.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Great numbers! I would love to crank mine up to 25 psi. Maybe after I get a built bottom end. Until then, I don't have the balls. :)

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread