My journey to the perfect wheel....

NJSP117

Established Member
I bought my Boss in August and wasn't a big fan of the stock wheel....so now that I'm on my 4th set of wheels, I think I've finally settled on one that I'm happy with...and now that I've found the right wheel, I'll be putting lowering springs, LCAs, UCA and new panhard bar this winter among other mods that I'm waiting to add on...(MGW shifter, Parnelli Jones CAI, Passport etc...

But in the meantime, here are the rims...

Stock rims....nice, but a little plain for me....I kept them though, for the future so that I can return the car to stock if needed....

Image1.jpg

Image6.jpg

2nd rim was the 2012 SVTPP rim which I always liked....loved these rims on the car, but then wanted to go with something darker....

Image2.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

Since I wanted black, and really liked the Forgestars, I tried them for a little bit, but never really felt like I bonded with the black...and the wide sidewall on the rear DRs bothered me a little bit....but I REALLY liked the way the Nitto tires hooked up....I gotta say, that's a great tire....

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

And finally...a good compromise, it's darker, but not black, and IMO, looks great with the stripes on the Boss....dark, but not black, and perfectly proportioned to the car....these are the 2013 GT500 wheels...so now I'm happy.....at least with the wheels... :dw: just need to lower this thing....SOON!!

IMG_0123_zps6add0698.jpg

IMG_0122-1_zps0d961ac3.jpg

IMG_0118-1_zps2a383fa1.jpg

IMG_0119-1_zpseec7e7e2.jpg

And my new plates....since it's hard to tell it's a boss from behind... :eek:

IMG_0116-2_zps800141e4.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
very nice. Where did you pick up the 13 GT500 wheels?

Thanks!
I picked them up from a fellow forum member...(Thanks again Craig!!)
I called to see about picking up a new set and was told that the discounted price was $1800....EACH!!! Crazy....

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Looks awesome Bill. when I had the SVTPP whels on my 12 boss I changed the center caps to "302" caps from american muscle.
018.jpg

019.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
Looks awesome Bill. when I had the SVTPP whels on my 12 boss I changed the center caps to "302" caps from american muscle.
018.jpg

019.jpg

Sweet! I never saw those before....That's a good idea...since the Boss isn't an SVT vehicle....I'll have to check that out...

Gr8toz

Established Member
They all looked great, it's the car, not the wheels. How much did the last pr set you back if you don't mind me asking?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
They all looked great, it's the car, not the wheels. How much did the last pr set you back if you don't mind me asking?
But none look as nice as yours. ;-)

The new 2013 SVT wheels look very nice but they're going to be a PITA to clean. They do match up well with the 2013 stripes. I also like the other 2013 GT500 wheels and for the life of me can't figure out why Ford didn't make the rear wheels of either style 10" wide.

NJSP117

Established Member

Thanks! I paid pretty much the going price in the market. They were in the upper $2k range. Tires are like new and wheels are spotless. Could not have asked for better.

But none look as nice as yours. ;-)

The new 2013 SVT wheels look very nice but they're going to be a PITA to clean. They do match up well with the 2013 stripes. I also like the other 2013 GT500 wheels and for the life of me can't figure out why Ford didn't make the rear wheels of either style 10" wide.

I'm not too worried about cleaning them. I have a soft brush that can get in the smaller holes...as long as I like the look, I'm cool with cleaning them.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
...for the life of me can't figure out why Ford didn't make the rear wheels of either style 10" wide.

Wider out back would imply (in general) wider up front to maintain the balance they wanted. IMHO, Ford opted to go with less rolling resistance over more rubber. Same mentality with the GT500.

They had the opportunity to tweak the inner fender wells both fore and aft to ensure room for more wheel/tire while maintaining corporate clearance minimums. Instead, they left the '13/'14 structure alone. Too bad.

snkchmr 1

Looks good I got some 13 shelby wheels on tires $2,500 with 60 miles if anybody is looking in the VA NC area

bpmurr

Established Member
Are the F14 wheels 19 inch? Did you sell them yet? If not I'd be interested.

Never mind, I saw your post in the market section and that you already sold them. I'm going to get the F14 wheel in LS Boss size.

Last edited:

Grant808

Established Member
I'm still not a fan of the '13 GT500 rims. They do look good on your GB, but I think I'd prefer the old style GT500 if they were black. I think the spoke pattern in the center is just a bit too busy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread