My IRS build up lowering..

Fanged03

Established Member
Installed Nick's bushings and MM subframe bushings and BF IRS brace and H&R SS springs with MM isolators all around. I must say thanks to everyone that was had problems installing the bushings. Without reading about their troubles, it wouldn't have been so seemingly simple of an install. Just damn time consuming. Took a whole weekend from friday night to sunday evening. Basically did it myself except my dad would help with heavy lifting and a friend came over sunday and helped my dad and I put it back in. I'm happy with the results, car does not hop anymore. There should be some more power in the coming weeks so i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. It also rides great maybe a tad stiffer than stock. The rear end noise is somewhat loud but hey its not a luxury sedan. Pics are pretty self explanatory.

Brent

96412505.jpg
[/IMG]

96412519.jpg
[/IMG]

96412567.jpg
[/IMG]

96412558.jpg
[/IMG]

96412487.jpg
[/IMG]

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
looks like a nice, organized project :beer:

always feels good to take your time and do a thorough job yourself and saving $$ is nice too!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Congrats on a completed job.
How did that rechargeable drill hold up?
Some guys complain of burning up corded ones!!!

Fanged03

Established Member
The cordless was used with a hole saw on it. I would use the angle drill with the 5/16" bit to drill out as best as I could then use the hole saw on what little was still holding it together. I dont konw what all the talked about wd40 and breaking bits was. Didn't use any wd40 and didn't break any bits. My buddy showed me the way he got all the bushings on his mr2 out and it was just like MM describe in their directions. It worked really good on the pumpkin brace bushing. I just wish I could have tried that way, I spent 3-4 hours on the subframe bushings. Thanks on the comments guys. I'd really like to get some 18s tucked under it, but its time for some more power. I can't wait to go to the track now. I was so worried about breakage before and my dad was talking about getting a trailer :rockon: wonder how long the clutch or input shaft will last

Brent

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Awesome, man.

We broke a couple of bits if we didn't use WD-40, I wonder why you had different results. We also killed a corded drill doing mine. Once we got our hands on a quality drill, it went really quick though. GLad everything went smooth. :beer:

Fanged03

Established Member
Thanks BreBar , I couldn't imagine what it would of been like if you didn't rent me out the MM tool for the LCA. It was tough enough with the tool.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread