My impressions after 2 weeks

stamper01L

Established Member
All I can say is that I love this car. I have 150 miles after 2 weeks and it is perfect. I finally gave it some gas from a stop and I have never had a car put me back in my seat like this. Not my 99 Z28, or my 01 Lightning. No problems yet either. Only complaints are: rear wheel brake dust, passenger seat rubs against the door making an annoying sound. Fixed that though. Happy owner here :coolman:

stamper01L

Established Member
I was sooooo worried i was gonna have all these problems people were talking about, but I must have a gem.
On my origional test drive in july, i test drove a red coupe. For the life of me I couldnt get the tires to break loose and it felt slow as hell. Traction control was off. It may have had the clogged cats or something cause my black coupe it fast, and can break them loose at will. It is so hard to baby it.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I am pretty impressed with overall Quality Control I have see in this car. I just turned 500 miles and I think it is time to let her rip.
I bet that black looks cool!

:beer:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
has had no problems other than a stuck drivers side window and that hasnt repeated itself...

now have 6500 miles on my car and it is "choice" ( love to use words from my youth like 'pud' and 'beat')

thinks that 'sick' is just plain wrong like it was thought up by some 'neo maxi zoom dweebie'

of course in those days only chicks and loosers lived with thier parents.... so what do I know.

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by stamper01L
I was sooooo worried i was gonna have all these problems people were talking about, but I must have a gem.
On my origional test drive in july, i test drove a red coupe. For the life of me I couldnt get the tires to break loose and it felt slow as hell. Traction control was off. It may have had the clogged cats or something cause my black coupe it fast, and can break them loose at will. It is so hard to baby it.

Hmmm....I bought mine 3 days ago and so far just finished breaking it in (rolled over 600 miles today). After getting the oil changed today, I let into it a little. It is definitely faster than my vette, but I couldn't say by how much. Still, I don't spin the tires if I'm not trying to. It chirps pretty good going into second (not powershifting, I let up on the gas at the shift), and I'm sure it would burn rubber hard in first if I just dropped the clutch, but it's not like I can be cruising at 30 MPH, drop into first, and spin at will. Actually, I really expected the car to be a bit more "violent". It's fairly refined, drivetrain wise.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by ArizonaSnake
What did you do about the seat rubbing the passenger seat....

Actually, that I am aware of, I don't have that problem. Is it really noticable/annoying, or do you have to listen for it?

rotorhed

Established Member
+++ Post

++Real happy with our 1 week old Coupe. Just put the Bassani cat-back on and it now sounds the way it looks.
The seats and overall ride quality is excellent compared to our 01 GT. IRS, Bilsteins, aluminum rear shock trailing arm (or equal??) are all big improvements.
I was thinking today that the only real way to enjoy all 6 gears is take it out on the Autobahn. I can't get past 4th on the Interstate w/o hitting some traffic.. sigh....
--Interior is still the vast "sea of plastic" dash and the 1980's vintage climate controls like every other Ford we owned.
:thumbsup:

stamper01L

Established Member
Originally posted by ArizonaSnake
Sorry,
Was trying to ask Stamper what he did...

I am going to try and put some leather cleaner on it to maybe muffle the sound. Dont really know yet. In the meantime, I just pull the passenger seatbelt between the door and the seat and the rubbing noise is gone. Kind of a pain, but I'll hopefully think of something soon.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
NetworkingGuru - Your issue maybe Fords backwards-assed traction control. I thought the same thing until I realized you had to turn the traction control off every time you start the car. When you push the button and the light comes on, then the T/C is off.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
NetworkingGuru: give it a couple thousand miles,,,Mine wouldnt break the tires loose from a roll either til I hit 3000 miles. It gets more powerful as you drive it more!!! Plus the K&N really helped too!

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
NetworkingGuru: give it a couple thousand miles,,,Mine wouldnt break the tires loose from a roll either til I hit 3000 miles. It gets more powerful as you drive it more!!! Plus the K&N really helped too!

COBryan, did you get the FIPK, or just a K&N filter? Trying to determine if the FIPK is worth the extra bill :shrug:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by BLACK SUNSHINE
NetworkingGuru - Your issue maybe Fords backwards-assed traction control. I thought the same thing until I realized you had to turn the traction control off every time you start the car. When you push the button and the light comes on, then the T/C is off.

Black Sunshine (Like the name, BTW, you a White Zombie fan?), I figured out the TC, I dropped the clutch last night and got it to spin like nuts, but I don't think it will spin from a roll (haven't tried, but slipping the clutch to takeoff in first and then flooring it doesn't spin em). Anyhow, is their a way anyone knows of to set the TC to off until you press the button?

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Just get the filter for now! I am sure one day you will want to invest in a full intake setup that goes into the fenderwell. You can pick up a K&N filter for about $40. I would highly recommend looking into the http://www.densecharger.com setup. UPR also has a good system but seems a little too pricey for what you get.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
kit09-CF03CFL.jpg

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru

Black Sunshine (Like the name, BTW, you a White Zombie fan?), I figured out the TC, I dropped the clutch last night and got it to spin like nuts, but I don't think it will spin from a roll (haven't tried, but slipping the clutch to takeoff in first and then flooring it doesn't spin em). Anyhow, is their a way anyone knows of to set the TC to off until you press the button?

If my 285bhp Stang will break loose from a roll, I hope your car will! :eek: There is a way to rig the TC off as default. I think I saw it on mustangworld.com several months ago. I'll do some digging. :D

Users who are viewing this thread