My Idler Pulley Seized

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
So I was driving yesterday with the wife in the car and I make it about 4 miles from the house when my center idler pulley seized.... I pulled the car over immediately and found the problem, then walked 4 miles back to the house to get the other car and tools. Picked up the wife and then drove to the auto store luckily they had a pulley in-stock but its an ugly black thing. I was looking at the pulley that seized today and it has a snap ring in the center which I am hoping means that the bearing can be replaced. The only two things are; I can't figure out if this is the stock pulley and is there are upgraded double ball-bearing replacement or only the same stock single??

phreakness

Established Member
It looks like an aftermarket single bearing steeda Idler. Yes you can have the bearing pressed out and a new one pressed on or have the one you got from the parts store pressed out to replace this one thats locked up.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
I don't think its a Steeda and I did not see anything from Moto-blue that looks like mine. I think its time to just replace the pulleys.

Thinking about getting the 4 peice Metco Motorsport idler pulley kit but they don't list which size pulleys are in the kit. Anyone purchased the kit can tell me the size? Also any reviews?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread