My headlight lamps suck

99svtvert

I gotta make a change. Came close to a deer tonight that I should have seen !! I have searched and not found agreement on bulbs. I don't want anything that will delete my high beams AND just need more candle-power. What is best ?

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
I like the PIAA replacements. I got the fog lights in the bumber for when driving in the country

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
honestly. The best thing you can do is stepup the voltage.

The best thing I ever did was buy a set of 80W/100W APC ricer bulbs. I got them for 19.99 from JC Whitney.

I had them in the car for over a year before I swapped to projectors and they never got hot enough to damage anything that people worry about.

They lit up the road like no other.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:

The best thing I ever did was buy a set of 80W/100W APC ricer bulbs. I got them for 19.99 from JC Whitney.

I had them in the car for over a year before I swapped to projectors and they never got hot enough to damage anything that people worry about.

what kind of projectors did you get? how do they look on the car?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
01 Cobra said:
what kind of projectors did you get? how do they look on the car?

These:

3763.jpg

They lit up the road great. The light output was very even. I sold them a few weeks ago to DravenGSX because I wanted to do more of a smoked/blacked out look.

The only thing I woulda done to those lights was put in HID's.

This is what they looked like on the car:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Smoked 01 and up stock pieces. A customer at my job was trading in his daughters 04 V6 for an 06 V6 and at the time I had a set of ghetto 99 style ones in there.

One was held in by a bungee cord. He offered to let me swap for free and I said hell yes.

DravenGSX

Established Member
I couldn't be happier with them. They light up the road much better than stock. The brights are great. No more holding the bright flash stalk in while driving the road. Don't need the driving lights.

They light up the side of the road very well also.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Sylvania Silverstars were recommended to me by most tuner shops around my area. My friend had the projectors on his car and the light bounces around alot everytime you hit even the smallest bumps in the road.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:

You got anymore pics of how those looked on your car? Night, day?
Thanks

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Virtual, I've got the 80/100 ricers, too and they're a lot better than anything else I've tried. Curious about the projectors...I found them on ebay, and they take the H1 & H3 bulbs. Since you've used them, do you think they could handle the heat from a HID ballast/bulb upgrade?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
For the original thread starter ( or anyon else ), check out this thread on the SliverStar Ultras:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330828

After having these in for a few weeks I am happy w/ them. Something odd I discovered though is that they may not actually be brighter than the stock halogens but they have a much different contrast since the light appears to be whiter and not the brownish color of the stock halogen bulbs. A guy in my local club was actually commenting about this whole brightness vs. contrast issue here:
http://forums.stlmustangs.com/Sylvania-Silver-Stars-Vs-Stock-Halogens-t71131.html

Make of it what you will, but like I said, I really like them. Perhaps there is a difference between the regular SilverStars and the SilverStar Ultras which I have? I dunno, but for $50 at Advanced Auto their working fine for me.

BlackSnake99, if you want to get together some time after dark and see what the SS Ultras look like, shoot me a pm here or on StLM. I still really want to see your monster ride!

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
SPXTrader said:
Virtual, I've got the 80/100 ricers, too and they're a lot better than anything else I've tried. Curious about the projectors...I found them on ebay, and they take the H1 & H3 bulbs. Since you've used them, do you think they could handle the heat from a HID ballast/bulb upgrade?

HID's actually run at a lower wattage and are cooler...so yes they'd work. They actually sell the whole kit together over on stangmods.com

Users who are viewing this thread