My head tick is gone!! Now I have a brand new knock!

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
Well, I got the car back a couple of weeks ago from the dealer after both heads were replaced. No more head tick, but when picking the car up I heard a lower end type knock, quiet, but there. I put another 400 miles on it and it is defenatly in the drivers side cylinder bank in one of the rear two cylinders. The car is at the dealer again, they are saying it is normal. I don't think so! Has anyone else had this type of noise, and if so what was done about it?

Just a little background, the car has 3k miles on it, only a CAI and Tri-Ax shifter.
I am a service manager at a car dealership, and used to be a master tech, so I am definatly not hearing things.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
they probobly beat the piss out of your car, did you check the before/after mileage?

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
No, I did not ask them if they checked the pistons, I would have assumed that since the head issue was dealing with the #7 & #8 cylinders overheating.
Yes I did check my mileage, nothing out of the ordinary.
Has anyone else had internal issues with cyls. 7 or 8?

eddiemel30

Established Member
iam on the same boat as you are. this the 2 time my d/s head has got replaced.quit for a while now i got like a knock noise and it seems its coming from the head.(COME ON FORD ARE YOU GUYS HIRING IMIGRANTS TO CAST THESE HEADS OR ARE YOU LETTING YOUR EMPLYEES DRINK WHILE ON DUTY.i think these heads were probably made in the middle east thats why they are ticking, they were originaly made for that new car that ford introduce to insurgents(the all new exploder) : :D

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
I definatly don't have a head tick anymore, of course it has only been 300 miles. I am most concerned about internal engine damage. I have built enough engines to know that none of them knocked even at higher horsepower levels, I pisses me off that they are saying it may be a normal noise! :burn:

TTA89

Established Member
The pistons will make some noise when they are cold. Meet up with another owner and see if they have the same noise. As long as you brought it in and its noted in the computer then go drive the car. If it has 3K miles on it, you have a tone of warranty miles left and if it lets go you can say you already have it in for the lower end.

Quit listening for noises, go drive it :)

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
This knock does not go away when warm, it is actually louder. I would love to drive it. Problem is with my job all I do all day is listen for peoples noises in their cars, it sucks to jump in your own ride after a 13 hour day and listen to more noises all the way home. I guess I just need louder exhaust!

Users who are viewing this thread