my gt(cobra) vs my friends 72 nova

97gt-svt

Established Member
My mods are in my sig, my friends nova has a 350 with longtubes and dumps, cam, bored to a 355, edelbrock intake and carb, 3000 stall, and sticky tires + suspension with 4.10's. We lined up once on the street but now he wants to take it to the track. ON the street he let me punch it first because of his tires, I pulled out about half a car length (spinning really bad) then when he hit it he pulled a good car and a half on me that was when I got traction, then I started to real him in and by the end of third I went by him pritty fast.
He claims that my car would be at the end of the quarter in third so he will beat me bad at the track, but I am also getting a worn out pair of dr's to use so that should help a little. Oh yeah his car normally runs between 13.6 and 13.8 in the quarter at like 96 or 98, how bad is he really going to beat me at the track? We are racing this friday so I will post the results then.

primetime

Established Member
If you can get out of the hole you will take him or be very close. Your car should trap better than his and thus be capable of a better time. later Ron

JSHTROD

Established Member
Your friend is only upset because you walked him.

With 4.10's you'll finish the quarter in 4th gear (if your car is runnin right).

Tell him he's right, and take it to the track. You'll beat him there too.

:pop:

cobra96stang

Established Member
I ran 13.40's at 103 with pretty much your same mods but mine was a vert and on street tires with 2.0 60's. You should spank him on the DR's. You will be in 4th like someone above said.

Last edited:

97gt-svt

Established Member
tomorrow night is d-day I guess I will see what happens, hopefully no rain. :D

If I do finish the quarter in fourth I should have no problems.........Hopefully I will never hear the end of it if i dont win.

cobra96stang

Established Member
97gt-svt said:
tomorrow night is d-day I guess I will see what happens, hopefully no rain. :D

If I do finish the quarter in fourth I should have no problems.........Hopefully I will never hear the end of it if i dont win.

You will def be in 4th, I used to chirp 3rd going across the 8th mile mark.

97gt-svt

Established Member
Well I did win but it was very very close, and I was pritty disiponted in my numbers. The dr's I was running werent hooking very good, the highest I could launch was at about 2200 rpms without roasting the tires at the line. Well here are the results I dont think it could have come any closer.

Me Him
+.1438 reaction +.3291
2.124 60 ft 1.898
9.05 1/8th 8.80
78.9 1/8th mph 77.3
14.00 1/4 et 13.90
98.7 1/4 mph 95.3

winner by .0890 = Me

Like I said close But I was still disaponted with the times although it was extremely humid.

cobra96stang

Established Member
Reaction time won the race.
I would think your car should run better then that. My 96 vert ran 14.02 bone stock. But I guess weather would play a part and maybe other variables also. A little better 60 would help alot for you also.

Users who are viewing this thread