my girls 95 gt help

98cobrafaf

Established Member
"When i turn my steering wheel, there is a loud squealing and grinding noise. To put it into perception, it sounds like a monster eatting my front right wheel. What is wrong with my musty?"

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Have you attempted to JACK her front end UP and turn the wheel and see if HER MONSTER is still there? It could quiet simply be the Power Steering Pump squealing from low LUBRICANT oil and HER RACK & pinion making the GRINDING noise due to oil starvation......?......Just another thought. Good Luck taking care of HER MONSTER. :-D

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
id start with the power steering pump, a wheel barring will make more of a whirling noise at first if that makes sense and tie rods inner and outter generally can be bent with out any noise they just tend to throw off your alignment.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
Check ya fluid and steering compoinents. Tie rods when worn out will squeak and growl. Bushings and also make all kinds of racket. Your just gonna have to get someone to turn the wheel and get ya head under it to pinpoint the noise

ifinditundrgrnd

Established Member
Have you attempted to JACK her front end UP and turn the wheel and see if HER MONSTER is still there? It could quiet simply be the Power Steering Pump squealing from low LUBRICANT oil and HER RACK & pinion making the GRINDING noise due to oil starvation......?......Just another thought. Good Luck taking care of HER MONSTER. :-D

Yes driving her monster without proper lubrication will lead to a loud screeching. Just punch her and it'll quiet down.

Users who are viewing this thread