MY Gauge cluster WONT eluminate!!!!!!!!!

boostftw05

Established Member
Hey all not sure if this has been discussed 20 million times and im beating a dead horse but just wanted to run it by and get some help on what I should do. I have just bought an 03 cobra and my gauge cluster will not iluminate. I have tryed checking fuses but did not find any that where blown can someone give me some ideas on what I could do to test the cluster its self or maybe I could tap into the wire and stright wire the gauges to a seperate switch. Im not sure whats going on everything else on the car works as normal. all the dash lights and stuff light up and the high beems turn signals it all lights up fine. Im stumped, thought it was a fuse but is not. I need help I cant drive at night right now and its my DD so send me any information.

Thanks,
Anthony C.

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
The gauge cluster in my 03 cobra works great and lights up at night,sorry for your problems

Im sure that was real helpful to the op. A shot in the dark, but did you make sure that the knob wasnt rotated all the way to the left causing it not to illuminate?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would also check the elumination bulb. it might be blown

boostftw05

Established Member
I searched boss, read through that thread anyway dont worrie about it, It randomly started working today but Ive owned 3 other mustang/cobras I know about the knob.

Ive already talked to cobracableguy and Im going to send them to him when I get a chance and wont need the car for a few days.

Last edited:

boostftw05

Established Member
Well they stoped working again, Is the only way to fix them by sending it in to get it fixed to cobracableguy?? . Im not sure what to do I would like to fix this on my own does anyone have any ideas?

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Wish I could help you man, but since Ive been on here which is not long this is the only solution I have seen other than buying a new cluster and having it set to your car from Ford:shrug:

boostftw05

Established Member
Wish I could help you man, but since Ive been on here which is not long this is the only solution I have seen other than buying a new cluster and having it set to your car from Ford:shrug:

Ok thats fine was just checking, ill get it sent out to him this week and i need to overnight it cause its my DD haha but thanks again bud

Did you have to send yours in?

Last edited:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
No I didnt have to send mine in. Just remember reading about it and thinking I hope I dont have to go through this...lol Maybe you wont have to much downtime....I see you are from NC what part?

boostftw05

Established Member

No I didnt have to send mine in. Just remember reading about it and thinking I hope I dont have to go through this...lol Maybe you wont have to much downtime....I see you are from NC what part?

Im from the high point, greensboro area im not filmiliar with the highfalls area how far is that from hickory NC?

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
wow thats crazy man I had no idea, Does anyone around you ever have any meets or hang outs theres not much going on around here except classic car shows.
Pretty much the same here, although sometimes we have a get together at Siler City every now and again at the Sonic. Most of the local guys bring there cars, lots of stuff from Vettes to Supras to Mustangs. Its been a while since we had one though. If you want I'll send you a pm next time we have one, it would be nice to have another terminator there:beer:

boostftw05

Established Member
Pretty much the same here, although sometimes we have a get together at Siler City every now and again at the Sonic. Most of the local guys bring there cars, lots of stuff from Vettes to Supras to Mustangs. Its been a while since we had one though. If you want I'll send you a pm next time we have one, it would be nice to have another terminator there:beer:

Yeah man shoot it to me! I would love to check it out. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread