MY gas miles are low how bout yours?

Untamed

Established Member
I filled her up with 30 dallors and it was i beleve 14.? gallons.
well by the time i got to 1/4 tank it only had 170 miles! is that right:nonono:
only mod is american thunder cat-back.
how much do you guys average a tank?
Oh and i was driving normal.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I know I'm running rich because of my off-road x pipe so my gas mileage has gone down.

By the time I get to 1/4 of a tank I'll usually have about 220 miles on the trip odometer. That driving 'spiritedly' a few times too, otherwise I drive like a granny.

Untamed

Established Member
Ok just hit 200miles and the needle is about to touch the red mark:rollseyes
but dont 96 up get better gas miles then 5.0 cobras?
I've had this car for 8 months and just knowttiest this

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
I got 72 miles the first 1/2 tank and knew something was VERY wrong! So i checked everything under the hood to see if it's in tact and found that the PCV was sucking very little. cleaned it out with carb cleaner and since that fill up afterwards I got 84 miles not even to the 1/2 mark yet...

Each tank was in an all city location, so i dont know if i solved the problem or it even has anything to do with it, but hopefully i will get more than 14 mpg on the next tank :rolleyes:

I'm changing out the PCV either way, when i get a chance.

BTW: i got 200 miles to the tank on the 72 1/2 run...other half was all on the highway, wonder how it would of been if it was all city . Yikes!

Last edited:

Interspy24

Established Member
I drive pretty slow around town, and fill up at about 200 miles. I usually put in about 13.5 gallons. All highway I can get about 240 miles to a tank at about 80mph. I'm going to change out the fuel filter and flush some other fluids while I'm at it, so maybe that might help a little. Any other suggestions?

I should be putting my dr gas o/r x-pipe on here in a bit, I guess that will hurt it again?

Vik

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
I get can stretch about 240 miles, but i usually refill at 220 miles. I don't trust the fuel gauge, I go by milage. i average 20+mpg on the highway. haven't calculated city yet.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I was just thinking about one time last fall, I managed to squeek 300 miles out of a tank, heh...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Last time I filled up, it came out to 21 mpg (232 miles). Had about 1/4 left. Took a little over 10 gal. This was at the end of a Cobra Cruise in a hilly & hair turn infested area, with 27 other Cobras. My foot was in the T/B all the time, while I was hanging some big shifts. I was surprised at the overall 21 mpg for that day.

Dan

love bandit2

Established Member
Originally posted by Tabres
I was just thinking about one time last fall, I managed to squeek 300 miles out of a tank, heh...

When I used to baby my car more I usually got a tad under 300 miles to a tank. I rarely got more than 300, but it has happened. But I've changed my ways now that its not my daily driver... gotta make up for all the days I'm driving the slow ass kia, ya know!

COBRASVT

Established Member
I get 13-15 and don't have shit for mods...off road X and Borlas...all else stock. 3.73's and it's a daily driver with a combo or highway and city....

Not sure what's up with mine...it's always been that way.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Would the computer be making it run rich, or have the timing jacked up? Sure doesn't sound right.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by love bandit2
When I used to baby my car more I usually got a tad under 300 miles to a tank. I rarely got more than 300, but it has happened. But I've changed my ways now that its not my daily driver... gotta make up for all the days I'm driving the slow ass kia, ya know!

if i drive all interstate on cruise, i get abou 350 to a tank, about 26 mpg....regular driving i get 18-20....

DOHC Rocket

Established Member
Before my Walbro 255lph install, I got 240 miles for each fillup, including spiritied driving. After it went in, I got about 210 per fillup.

COBRASVT

Established Member
How the freak can some of us get 300-320 and others 220-240 with the relatively same set-ups? Damnit...I want to be one of the upper classmen! :(

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
I usually get ~250 miles to a fillup of ~12 gallons. We'll see if that improves with the better gears seeing as alot of my driving is around town.

Users who are viewing this thread