My friends Thunderbird!

Gopedxr

Established Member
My friend will just need a new motor and sound system thats all.

Also if anyone can chime in on this. Here is a question for you all.

YeaaahBoooy (1:20:30 AM): find out which DOHC cam heads r the best for the 4.6
RobinYRacer (1:20:40 AM): easily
RobinYRacer (1:20:42 AM): ok
RobinYRacer (1:20:46 AM): give me like a day or two
RobinYRacer (1:20:49 AM): i will post on stang net
YeaaahBoooy (1:20:53 AM): they have different ones
YeaaahBoooy (1:21:15 AM): I suspect the s/c heads r the best cuz they have 11 thread spark plugs
YeaaahBoooy (1:21:21 AM): but idk

thanks for any help!

Gopedxr

Established Member
haha

I guess he meant this question.

YeaaahBoooy (1:31:30 AM): no its not cams
YeaaahBoooy (1:31:32 AM): stupid
YeaaahBoooy (1:31:36 AM): the cylinder heads
YeaaahBoooy (1:31:51 AM): WHICH DOHC HEADS R THE BEST
YeaaahBoooy (1:32:13 AM): DUMBASS

Any help i would be thankful.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
so i copied the first paragraph on there and ill add my comments to each....

My Thunderbird as of right now is pretty much stock. The only mods I have in it right now are:
a K&N cold air intake, ok no problem with this
76 mm MAFS, worthless
75 mm BBK Throttle Body, worthless
C&L Intake Plenum, ok
Tornado Fuel Saver, junk
Fitch fuel catalyst, junk
B&M Electronic Shift Improver, biggest pile of junk you could ever buy, you couldnt pay me enough to put that pos in my car. it will cause the trans to be junk soon.
SCP Valve Body Seperator Plate Shift Kit, no comment dont know much about it.
255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump, worthless for current setup
24# fuel injectors, worthless for current setup
Viper Alarm System,
tinted windows,
Alpine CD player,
black tail light Covers, dangerous mod if i cant see your brake lights dont expect me to stop without hitting your car if i cant see your lights i cant stop.
and clear cornering lights. fine.

As of right now with all these small upgrades its capable of reaching 0-60 in around 6 seconds which is a pretty damn good improvement since when it took almost 8 seconds when it was completely stock.

and how exactly did you come up with this? put a cd in the player and watch the clock????

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
so i copied the first paragraph on there and ill add my comments to each....

My Thunderbird as of right now is pretty much stock. The only mods I have in it right now are:
a K&N cold air intake, ok no problem with this
76 mm MAFS, worthless
75 mm BBK Throttle Body, worthless
C&L Intake Plenum, ok
Tornado Fuel Saver, junk
Fitch fuel catalyst, junk
B&M Electronic Shift Improver, biggest pile of junk you could ever buy, you couldnt pay me enough to put that pos in my car. it will cause the trans to be junk soon.
SCP Valve Body Seperator Plate Shift Kit, no comment dont know much about it.
255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump, worthless for current setup
24# fuel injectors, worthless for current setup
Viper Alarm System,
tinted windows,
Alpine CD player,
black tail light Covers, dangerous mod if i cant see your brake lights dont expect me to stop without hitting your car if i cant see your lights i cant stop.
and clear cornering lights. fine.

As of right now with all these small upgrades its capable of reaching 0-60 in around 6 seconds which is a pretty damn good improvement since when it took almost 8 seconds when it was completely stock.

and how exactly did you come up with this? put a cd in the player and watch the clock????

Well you beat me to it Vic.

900HP and 200MPH. Sure, if he has very very deep pockets - but I guess kids can have dreams.

95BOSS

Established Member
IMO, he picked the wrong car to make a "race" car out of. He should just get off of that train now. But he can still have fun with it. My 96' bird has a PI engine with full bolt ons, gears, tune, and a shot of N2O and makes for a pretty fun car.

100_0455.jpg

Gopedxr

Established Member
Hey my friend needs an answer to this question:

YeaaahBoooy: but yeah go on the svt site and ask them "Why does my Ford Thunderbird 4.6 engine start making clanking noises when it gets hot?"
YeaaahBoooy: and why does it lose hellof power too?
YeaaahBoooy: and the cooling system is working properly

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
IMO, he picked the wrong car to make a "race" car out of. He should just get off of that train now. But he can still have fun with it. My 96' bird has a PI engine with full bolt ons, gears, tune, and a shot of N2O and makes for a pretty fun car.

100_0455.jpg

Hey, wait a sec, I know that car......LOL

Gopedxr

Established Member
Hey guys. This is Gopedxr's friend typing here. The guy who this thread is supposed to be about, the one who's T-bird is shown on the cardomain link at the top of this thread. Right now of course my car is pretty much stock except for all those cheap mods I have listed. But I have a question that I've been trying to find the answer to for a while now and I can't depend on Gopedxr to find it for me cuz let's just say he's not the very bright type. So my question is that why does the 4.6 motor in my T-bird start to make very loud clanking noises when I'm driving it in hot weather or sometimes in just normal weather when the motor is hot? It also loses hellof power too. I noticed that not only does my T-bird do it, but my grandma used to have one that also made those same noises only hers did it all the time. If someone knows the answer to this question could you please let Gopedxr know? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx

rookieterminato

Established Member

100_0455.jpg

Nice Ride, what kind are those wheels. Kind of digging them.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member

100_0455.jpg

:thumbsup:

SVTbird72

Where'd u get ur hood?

100_0455.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread