My Friend's Review of Thunderbolt Raceway at NJMP

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
He was only a few seconds off the unlimited cars running R1 slicks? Somehow I doubt that lol.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
That's all fine and dandy, just saying the cars in modified must not have been all that modified. When I think time attack, I'm thinking unlimited class, fully tricked out, gutted race cars with plenty of power and no weight.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Thinks for the info Tim. Looking forward to getting up there. Maybe this year, more likely next.

BTW, I'll crush your friends time.:poke:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm not going till the grass around the track grows in.
Did you see all the dust in the Koni Challange race? You'd need to hose out your car after coming home. :nonono:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Did you see all the dust in the Koni Challange race? You'd need to hose out your car after coming home. :nonono:

haha yea. I was watching it on TV. It was nuts how big the clouds of dust and silt got to be, not to mention how long they lingered in the air. I remember watching one car slam into the guard rail coming off the last turn onto the main straight cause he couldn't see through the dust cloud

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
The draw back of driving a convertible on track.
Or parking it off track!
haha yea. I was watching it on TV. It was nuts how big the clouds of dust and silt got to be, not to mention how long they lingered in the air. I remember watching one car slam into the guard rail coming off the last turn onto the main straight cause he couldn't see through the dust cloud

Many contacts that couldn't be determined who or why. Like the car that hit the guardrail on the front straight at the restart. You couldn't even see what happened. :eek:

Exciting finish, though! :rockon:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Or parking it off track!

Many contacts that couldn't be determined who or why. Like the car that hit the guardrail on the front straight at the restart. You couldn't even see what happened. :eek:

Exciting finish, though! :rockon:

Agreed. It was rediculous how only half of the racers crossed the the line at the restart before 3 cars were already off the road and one was into the gaurdrail.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member

Here's a pic I shot from the Grand Am race a few weeks ago, check out the background :)

lrg_GrandAm2.jpg

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
^Alright. When you wanna go?

It's 920pm and I just got back from Billies, so I am ready anytime :banana::banana:

Car is very close to being complete...All new brakes on today, HAWK pads, replaced drivers headlight so the newness matches the other new one :shrug: expensive pet peeve that was.

Bumper bottom skirt installed...only thing really left to do prior to racing is the brake ducts and slap on the racing pads...but I could really get away without doing either as the car stops FINE as it is.

Let's go racing boys!!

Ken

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread