My Friends Evo Crash

DCOURTS

Established Member
I saw another post about a crashed evo. thought id share my friends experience with his evo...was racing a z06 lost control and here is the result. he spent 6 months in the hospital, flat lined on the way to the ER. had everything wrong with him, broken ribs, jaw, ruptured spleen, broken pelvis, thats to name a few.. he still cant drive a car yet. glad he made it though

heres some pics

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6352/ray42rk.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ray35vh.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ray13jk.jpg

jimbo7200

I see slow cars..
Established Member
yeah judging from the car he didn't limp away from that one. it looked like it hurt. glad he is ok though.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Damn, I'd say from the look of that car your friend is VERY lucky to be alive. Usually a tree or pole hitting the driver side door means game over.

DCOURTS

Established Member
yea... he was racing down RT 72 in south jersey. its a 2 lane road with nothing but woods on the right hand side. he lost control and wrapped himself around a nice big pine tree. odds were he wasnt going to make it but hes one lucky SOB and beat the odds

swiseuf

Established Member
I cant tell from the pic, but did he remove the stock steering wheel airbag? I doubt it would have helped him much based on the damage.

DCOURTS

Established Member
yea... he was racing down RT 72 in south jersey. its a 2 lane road with nothing but woods on the right hand side. he lost control and wrapped himself around a nice big pine tree. odds were he wasnt going to make it but hes one lucky SOB and beat the odds

DCOURTS

Established Member
CSD said:
Gotta love NJ for our pine trees
haha yea NJ is full of them.. gotta love the pollen too. when u go outside and all u see is a yellow haze and then all of a sudden you feel like you are suffocating and pissin out your eyes

DCOURTS

Established Member
swiseuf said:
I cant tell from the pic, but did he remove the stock steering wheel airbag? I doubt it would have helped him much based on the damage.
Not that i know of. Hes not exactly a great friend of mine due some high school racing that took back in the day when he had his VR-4 and i took him with my 99 GT that i just got back from the shop with only intake, headers, x pipe, cat back, gears, and a chip. Quite funny actually and ever since then he respected me but always held a lil grudge. Back then he thought his vr-4 was the best thing since sliced bread

95riosnake

Established Member
damn, I can't believe he lived through it. The tree basically hit the worst part of the car for his chances of living. Hopefully he will calm down if he gets the chance to drive again, I know I would be a bit gun shy after that.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Ya damn, it him, he took the whole blow.

BTW what happend to the other car when he saw the crash?

Users who are viewing this thread