My Fox is dead...HELP

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Grease on the pins is ok, it's conductive. A little up there will even help keep moisture out, so you didn't hurt yourself there. I was more concerned with there being junk in the connector.

Sounds like your problem is elsewhere though. Could be the pip, could be a bad coil. Do you have any friends with 5.0's (trucks work too) that you can exchange parts with to help troubleshoot? There are tests for this stuff, but since swapping it out is so simple, that's often an easier check.[/QUOI

I changed the ignition coil first thinking that was bad then the TFI so my next move is the PIP sensor? Where the hell is it and where do I buy one?

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Replaced my distributor and it runs but holy hell timing is jacked if I press on the gas she wants to stop running Ive turned the cap to see if it would smooth out and it would idle good but again if I touched the pedal she wanted to die. Also it sounds different then before. And it smokes now so ideas? I have disconnected the battery thinking it would clear any crazy codes that may of popped up.

The Fox is running strong.

Thanks for the help guys.:beer:

Last edited:

delvin.a

Established Member
Are you 100% sure you put the new distributor in at the exact same spot as the old one? You could always put it back at tdc..

Let us know

Users who are viewing this thread