My Fox Body Cobra Find

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Looks like the scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre when he is chasing the person through all the abandoned cars.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I really really really wouldn't turn it into a 4.6 car!!!! Its an amazing find (I have NEVER seen one period)! I would keep it as stock as possible, even down to the 2.3L Turbo motor and show it at car shows. It will give you something to explain to someone that has never seen one before. Keep it original man...

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
come on over and join us at Welcome to FourEyedPride.com

those guys have all of the answers you will need about this car and can more than likely give you the history of her. nice find and it is good to see one getting saved, i am looking towards my next project and it is going to be a 4 eye coupe dedicated to the standing mile events. i also really would like to do a pace car:beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Unfortunately no. I guess you could say this is what SVO had to originally work with when the SVO Mustang was being designed. The Cobra's optional 2.3-T was before the time of fuel injection, and also lacked the later SVO's intercooler. Ford did best with what little technology they had in the late 70s. The Cobra did come standard with the TRX package which included heavy-duty front/rear stabilizer bars, unique shocks, along with the Cobra's 3.45 gearing, semi metallic pads, and OMGOMG aluminum rear brake drums. Haha.

Power output wasn't shit, but keep in mind that Corvettes weren't even pumping 200 horsepower back then. The car also only weighs 2,550.
and suspension and front area developed for the car as well.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I really really really wouldn't turn it into a 4.6 car!!!! Its an amazing find (I have NEVER seen one period)! I would keep it as stock as possible, even down to the 2.3L Turbo motor and show it at car shows. It will give you something to explain to someone that has never seen one before. Keep it original man...

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I'd rather have that 2.3-T put in my '78 Mercury Bobcat I have awaiting an engine of some kind. I actually picked up an AOD '88 TurboCoupe to toss everything in my Bobcat, but I just dumped that car this week so I could pick up this Cobra instead.

I'm going through Modular withdraws. 32v powered Fox Bodies are some of the coolest cars on the road IMO. I'd really like to budget-build one for myself. :)

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Cool story and find! If you are working on a limited budget, you should just drop a carb'd 302 in it. This would be a lot cheaper of an option that trying to convert it to Modular.

tommygun

Established Member
are any of the other cars forsale? ill load up a trailer and come shoppin lol

Users who are viewing this thread