My fix for Accufab throttle body

murked99cobra

Yeah...im slow
Established Member
I had the same issue sticking at wot. Keying the engine off while merging onto the freeway is wild and we all know how fast we can go by the actual freeway.
Accufab fixed it at no charge, all I had to do was send it to them. They sent back a rebuilt one that was way nicer then the one that I sent them, new hardware and some stickers. Haven't had a problem since. I would recommend contacting them. They originally quoted me a price but I was never charged and I even got it back quicker then I would have thought of calling to see if they received it.
Surprised the shit out of me.

OneSicMystic

TheDarkHorse
Established Member
UPDATE-
My problem came back. Called Accufab, I was given some advice on what I could try to do. Basically it involved turning in idle screw very little and re-adjusting the TPS. This was mentioned before so do this, don't "sand or shave" anything. Definitely fixed now with no problem at all.
Apparently, if you're stock you shouldn't have issues, If you run extra boost you may have issues due to the vacuum pull from blower causing the blade to be pulled in tight. The guy at Accufab was awesome. If you have this issue then CALL them. They said after my adjustment if I still have problems to call them back and we'll move from there (probably meaning send it to them).

cj428mach

Established Member
Glad you got it fixed but I would try accufab first before modifying the TB. I loved my accufab and it was 1000x better quality than the billetflow I had. The only thing I couldn't stand was the cruise control lag which I took care of with the "driveability" mod but that gives the pedal a really lite feel to it. Supposedly accufab changed the cruise control cable location to eliminate the lag. I've heard awesome things about accufabs customer service, Billetflows is nonexistent be glad you have the accufab.

OneSicMystic

TheDarkHorse
Established Member
Yeah man, Night and day over my BBK twin 65 and stock plenum. Loving the AF now, the sticking was annoying as hell lol

Chipofsc

Established Member
I had to screw in the stop screw just a quarter turn after the first drive. No problem after. Still works great. Even after wot. Glad you have your fixed. Wish I would have tried this a year ago.

MG01GT

Established Member
Hate bringing this from the dead, but im having the exact same issue except mine is a billetflow.... starts fine but the second you start driving and push the clutch in RPMs shoot straight to 2000 and hangs there unless you key the car off..... Guys think I should double check my TPS voltage or just call it what it is and look for a new throttle body?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hate bringing this from the dead, but im having the exact same issue except mine is a billetflow.... starts fine but the second you start driving and push the clutch in RPMs shoot straight to 2000 and hangs there unless you key the car off..... Guys think I should double check my TPS voltage or just call it what it is and look for a new throttle body?

Has it done this from day one or is it something new?

MG01GT

Established Member
Well I recently added a JLT HB, BA 3000 MAF, and the throttle body. Was sent a revised tune so I could get some data logging done and it's been doing this since. No check engine lights and ect....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd check the usual stuff then. Make sure everything is seated and tight. Check the TPS voltage, and make sure the IAC gasket isn't damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread