My First Turbo Build. Hellion; Comp Turbo; Lethal Return; GFB GForce II; Blow Thru

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
I just want to say without this forum all of the work I completed would have been a ton more complicated, so thanks to everyone. Never have I tackled anything like this before, so needless to say this was my first endeavor. I bought this 04, which was completely stock a year ago and love this car. I immediately upon pickup installed a Bassani Cat Back, 2.76 pulley, cold air intake, and tune. This woke the car up but after reading about some of the turbo builds on this forum, I decided that was the direction I wanted to take the car, and began searching for the parts to get it done. Here is a brief rundown of the parts recently installed.

UPR K-Member, Coilovers, and MM CC Plates
Hellion Single Kit
01 Cobra Intake Swap
Comp Turbo 7476 Triplex Ball Bearing
Lethal Division X Return w/FRPP 80# Injectors
VMP Blow Thru Flange w/HPX MAF
Tial Q BOV
GFB G Force II Boost Controller

And the list goes on and on and on.....you get the picture.

Speaking of pictures...

BlowerRemoval_zps63820a68.jpg

XHat_zps4e822bd7.jpg

Comp7476_zps4b081ddd.jpg

BlowThru_zpsd6c4ad10.jpg

FuelRegY_zps12e07969.jpg

Intake_zps0071dfeb.jpg

Almostdone_zpsb3214a61.jpg

Done3_zps64d4d3f6.jpg

Done1_zpsab836e4f.jpg

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
Looks awesome man. About to do the same to mine with an on3 kit. Off the top of your head what gaskets did you need when swapping the 99/01 intake on? Would like to order all of them at the same time

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Gasket

I reused my lower intake gasket and when I purchased the 01 intake from a member on here the upper gasket was brand new. So if your using 99/01 intake you will need the upper gasket and either reuse or purchase a new lower gasket.

itSSlow98

Established Member
When are u getting tuned I'm wondering how the comp triplex turbos vs precision billlet wheel ball bearing spools differ?

They are all gonna spool right around the same time. The biggest way to improve spooling would be to somehow do a forward facing manifold setup but that would be a PITA.

BTW looks and sounds like an awesome build. Its gonna be completely different then the eaton!

Last edited:

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Thanks guys, I had my tuner out the other day and he uploaded a baseline tune and we got her running. Will be finishing the tune this week and should have some # soon. I am excited, going from Eaton to Turbo is going to be an upgrade to say the least.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
OP, couple of questions. I have a Hellion singe kit as well and I'm seriously considering going to a Comp oil-less billet wheel myself.

1) Why did you go with a 7479 as opposed to the 7879. I'm on the fence between these two right now.

2) How did you plumb the coolant lines for the turbo?

Thanks, Jim

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
OP, couple of questions. I have a Hellion singe kit as well and I'm seriously considering going to a Comp oil-less billet wheel myself.

1) Why did you go with a 7479 as opposed to the 7879. I'm on the fence between these two right now.

2) How did you plumb the coolant lines for the turbo?

Thanks, Jim

There seems to be some confusion in my original post. The turbo is a Comp 7476, Billet wheel, triplex ball bearing. It is oil fed and I am not utilizing the coolant option with the turbo. Comp Turbo custom builds the turbo as per your request based on application. Since I am new to turbos, I told them what I was looking for performance wise and this was their recommendation. I was going to go the popular route with a Precision CEA 7675 Billet Wheel but I decided to be different and give Comp a try.

Comp does make an oil-less turbo that I was very interested in but decided on the traditional oil fed version.

Users who are viewing this thread