My first SVT!!!!

8liter

Established Member
I've been looking for this car like this for about a year, and just happened to find this one 3 hours from home.

P1000784.jpg

P1000783.jpg

P1000788.jpg

P1000781.jpg

It handles, smells and looks brand new. The last pic confirms that. The wife loves it, and my little girls too.

What kind of performance gain can be expected from a predator like tuner?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Nice car! Start with other stuff first. A JLT and some exhaust stuff then get a dyno tune.

Make sure you get out to Rubicon Trail before you lower it too. I bet that thing will pwn the hell outta them trails.....

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Welcome!!
for mods i would get cold air intake and full exhaust and a tune. then when you really want some power built your motor and get a blower! :banana:
you will learn a LOT of stuff about your car on this site.
:beer:

RED99VASVT

Established Member
Nice Cobra. You are obviously not a racer or you wouldn't have bought a vert, so your mods are going to be dependent on what you want to achieve. Horsepower, handling or both. IMHO, the cheapest mods that increase the driving pleasure of a DD the most are: Shifter, Royal Purple Synchromax in trans, 410 gears (will require a spedo cal or tuner - this is the best option because you can get a dyno tune for performance and clear any codes as they come up), CAI (JLT is good - get & install before tune), exhaust (choice depends on desired sound, but be careful to choose one without the dreaded drone between 1,700-2,100 RPMs) and if you want better handling try H&R Race Springs (don't let the name fool you, they ride well and improve handling), upgraded shocks & struts (Bilstein are good, but there are others), full-length sub-frame connectors and if you are going to be doing any launches you will need IRS bushings and torque brace.
Enjoy your ride!

Last edited:

281CJ

Established Member
Great looking car man.

4.10, exhaust, intake, MGW shifter, FLSFC, drop and a tune. She will be like a totally different (better) car!

8liter

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yes, I was looking for a nice driver that hadn't been modified. It does have full subframe connectors. I like how the stock exhaust sounds. If I want to go racing I'll go get in my big block coupe(see avatar). I cant decide if I want to lower it or put larger wheels on it, I know which one would be cheaper.

bent99

Established Member
Hi there just curious as to what you paid for car? I just bought a 2001 cobra with 8k miles for $8500 (has a knock in engine though)! I know what you mean by looking new and smelling new ,my cobra smells newer then my 07 civic! congrats on a sweet a$$ car!

zPipes

Established Member
Super grats man!!! Thats awesome.:rockon:It looks great. Havent seen the stock look in a while. And those rims look like they mighta been sandblasted down maybe? Has the alloy or machined look on em, or is it just my crap ass laptop haha

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yes, I was looking for a nice driver that hadn't been modified. It does have full subframe connectors. I like how the stock exhaust sounds. If I want to go racing I'll go get in my big block coupe(see avatar). I cant decide if I want to lower it or put larger wheels on it, I know which one would be cheaper.

You want both. We will help you drain your wallet as well :-D

Very much agreed. BTW how the hell did you find an eight year old Cobra with 26k original !! Great find!

Also, be sure to go through the sticky exhaust thread before you buy a setup if you don't already know what you want! It can save you alot of grief lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread