My first 'street kill'...........kinda.........

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
I was following a white C4(d/k yr.) with wide(6-8") exhausts tips and a LT4 badge on its rt. rr. corner. We were on a two-lane state road as the entrance ramp for I-75 came up. Yep, he's turning for the Southbound ramp too. This is a long, downward sloping ramp that merges into the 3-lane Southbound side of I-75.

As I turn onto the ramp, he nails(light smoke trails from the tips) it and is now about 30 or 40 yards ahead of me. I had recently installed a 5lb. pulley, 160 degree thremostat, and a reburned chip but hadn't gotten on it yet. Well, I did then-----and I reeled his plastic butt in like a rodeo calf!:p We merged into the light traffic(10am, New Years day) and I pulled by him at about 100 mph. I looked over as we were slowin' down to give him a thumbs-up--for tryin';-) , but he would not look over--his eyes were fixed on the horizon--LOL.

I was runnin' at 80mph now and he moves over behind me and I'm looking for an open lane to see if he wanted some more of this pickup truck---------and then I spotted a GHP parked on the side---whoa(he just watched us glide on by)--good luck and a good spankin' on January the first!

Btw, I'm one of those ol' farts--62 years and still racin'--!

Dan

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I had one of those races this holiday weekend. Nothing really to mention though just another LS1 Z28. :coolman::sleeping:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread