My first SRT-4, not at the strip

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
I finally got to run an SRT-4 while out cruising. I've run one at the strip once, but i fell asleep at the staging light and he got me by alittle. I ran a 12.78@117 and he ran a 12.6x@116. He was pretty quick. I've only made 2 passes since i put the pulley, chip, and exhaust on and he was one. My best is [email protected]. I know what you're thinking, 12.78 isn't asleep, thats comatose! Well i'm not the best drag racer to begin with. My car makes 11sec power, but until i get more strip practice, i'm a 12sec driver. I'm a road racer mostly and a drag racer occasionaly.

Anyways, i was out cruising today when i see a nice looking blue SRT-4 ahead of me and i thought i might see if he is interested in having alittle fun. I pull along side of him and i couldn't see in through the tinted windows to see who was driving. Apparently, he was interested because he turned into the left turn lane behind me to follow.

There was 1 car in front of me that i had to clear. I pulled out from behind him and i rolled on the go pedal to be nice and let the SRT-4 know that i was going. We both went WOT and i began to slowly pull ahead. From around 40 to about 110 i was about 3-4 cars in front. Not wanting to say i smoked him without having lined-up even with him, i slowed to match him around 60. 60 is not the best spot for a roll for me because it's alittle to high for 2nd and just a hair low in 3rd. I left it in 3rd so i could just mash it and stay in gear til about 110. I gave a light tap to tell him this is it, and we were off. We only had limited runway until the lap traffic would come into play. From the hit around 60 to the end of 3rd around 110 (i got a few extra rpm's with the chip) i pulled a solid 2.5-3 cars.

We slowed again and this time we talked for a minute. He asked if mine was stock and i said "no, i have basic bolt-ons". When he heard me say pulley he asked if it was supercharged and i said "yeah, the 03-04 cobra's come with superchargers". He said that if he had race gas in the tank and running his other tune he might be able to hang with me and i said "maybe". We exchanged compliments and went our separate ways. I was glad that he was a pretty cool guy and not a pecker.

He didn't say what his mods were but his car sounded like it didn't have a cat and i'm sure some other goodies. As far as power mods go, i have a Steeda CAI, Steeda 2.8 upper, Steeda tensioner, Denso plugs, Diablosport chip, and full Bassani exhaust, mid-lengths, x-pipe w/cats, and cat-back. I dynoed at 453rwhp and 467rwtq.

SLO_NEON

Uncle Ben's Rice
Established Member
cool race... if he is talking about "race gas" he probably has Stage 2... having Stage 2 and the toys on my car, I doubt he'd "hang with you"... but he might surprise you for a 4 door Neon... ha-ha...

not bashing here - - but read carefully, it was a Mustang owner calling a Neon owner out here... not the other way around ;-)

too bad you couldn't get a nice dig in for a race!!

Users who are viewing this thread