My first SN95, just picked it up

GrFa

Established Member
I just picked up not only my first Mustang, but a pretty darn good one. I ended up winning it on ebay and so far has turned out to be in better shape than I thought it would be.

Its a 1998 with 129k on it. Based on how far off the speedometer is compared to my GPS I would say its got 3.73s in it. It also has the chrome wheels off a 03 or 04 and a Magnaflow catback.

In order to go up and get it I took the train to Kingston, RI, met up with my girlfriend, drove straight up to sellers place in VT, drove down to a friend of mines outside Hartford, then to my Uncles place outside Danbury, and eventually back home to NJ all on Saturday. It was something like 12 hours and 500 miles of travel, but worth it.

Here are the worst cell phone pictures I could manage, better pictures to come later once I get it cleaned up and a new battery for my Rebel.

0718091410.jpg

downsized_0720090832.jpg

Comments welcome. I am tempted to make it a daily driver even though I have a few more practical rides.

Greg

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
nice man, looks like its off to a good start, recommended first mod= lowering springs or mud tires. lol.... i forgot how high they sit.

GrFa

Established Member
nice man, looks like its off to a good start, recommended first mod= lowering springs or mud tires. lol.... i forgot how high they sit.

I am actually a little surprised how high it is. Maybe I have just been looking at everyones already lowered cars on the forum? Makes commuting into NYC really easy though, no need to dodge the potholes.

CleanNGreen96

4v GT
Established Member
Especially with those 03 17's on there, it's defenitley going to sit a bit high, but those wheel's defenitley bring out the line's on the car for sure. Good purchase ! !

96snake719

Established Member
Hey congrats on the new cobra, what part of Jersey are you from? I just bought my 96 with 75k out of montville or Rockaway somthin like that. I live in central New York so it wasnt to bad of a drive about 4 hours.

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
looks awesome...i love the white...i love my rio red every time i clean it up but sometimes i wonder how good a white would look in the drive way...or better yet mystic :)

essasin

Established Member
Congrats man! Get those cobra emblems facing the right direction! But I really like the white sn95.

Congrats man! Get those cobra emblems facing the right direction! But I really like the white sn95.

What I want to know is: WHY DO WE SEE SO MANY BACKWARDS???

Seems like all the time you see them where it was painted, or a fobra (not saying this is, I know its not- just "saying" )

Is it really that hard to do just the tiniest bit of research before you put them on????

Sharker97

Established Member
+1 its time to slam her to the ground and turn the emblem around.... but not raggin on your car it looks great man.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Looks very nice! Real clean.

I used to DD my white 96 back in the day and it sure turned some heads. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

32VDOHC

Established Member
I just picked up not only my first Mustang, but a pretty darn good one. I ended up winning it on ebay and so far has turned out to be in better shape than I thought it would be.

Its a 1998 with 129k on it. Based on how far off the speedometer is compared to my GPS I would say its got 3.73s in it. It also has the chrome wheels off a 03 or 04 and a Magnaflow catback.

In order to go up and get it I took the train to Kingston, RI, met up with my girlfriend, drove straight up to sellers place in VT, drove down to a friend of mines outside Hartford, then to my Uncles place outside Danbury, and eventually back home to NJ all on Saturday. It was something like 12 hours and 500 miles of travel, but worth it.

Here are the worst cell phone pictures I could manage, better pictures to come later once I get it cleaned up and a new battery for my Rebel.

0718091410.jpg

downsized_0720090832.jpg

Comments welcome. I am tempted to make it a daily driver even though I have a few more practical rides.

Greg

Don't use your GPS for figuring out your gear ratio. They are never exactly on. use this site to help find it out. You can't go wrong, the calculations don't lie.

Gear Ratio Calc

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
lower it and it will look awesome. why does everyone put the cobra emblems on backwards?

GrFa

Established Member
I didn't even notice or wouldn't know about the Cobra emblems. I'm tempted to go outside in the dark right now and rip them off. It had some funky decals and stuff on it that I already took off. I didn't get a picture of the "best part" yet. A Cobra airbrushed on the hood.

Thanks for all the compliments.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Don't worry. We are sooo used to people buying great looking cars and only using a cellphone camera from the 90's to take the pics!! lmao J/K!!

Nice car!! Makes me miss my 98 so much. In fact, I haven't seen the new owner post on here for a while so who knows :(

Users who are viewing this thread