My first set of Stingers

DocSVT

Established Member
Well... Here goes my very first post. Just got a set of Stingers from MyFordPerfomance (great service, can't say enough) They were waiting for me at the door when I got off work. I just could not stand it , Had to slip them on tonight. WOW not too bad at all! SUPER EASY install. With the stock H pipe they were MUCH quieter than I would of thought. I am very glad I did some research on this board and went with the Stingers over BORLA 14585's. Not too loud around town but really seem to wakeup a bit at WOT.

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
DocSVT said:
Well... Here goes my very first post. Just got a set of Stingers from MyFordPerfomance (great service, can't say enough) They were waiting for me at the door when I got off work. I just could not stand it , Had to slip them on tonight. WOW not too bad at all! SUPER EASY install. With the stock H pipe they were MUCH quieter than I would of thought. I am very glad I did some research on this board and went with the Stingers over BORLA 14585's. Not too loud around town but really seem to wakeup a bit at WOT.

Glad to hear you like them. I got the same impression the first time I fired mine up. I was thinking the way people talked about them they were gonna make the Cobra as loud as my S-10 and it is loud, but they are quite subtle until you get on them. Stingers are a nice peice though.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
same here some people ask like they sound like a nascar. i don't think they are loud enough so i got the MRT H pipe. Welcome to the site man!

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
DocSVT said:

That is great to hear considering that my Stingers should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I am not sure that I will be able to wait either once they arrive. I may be doing it in the dark after work. I decided on the Stingers as well after reading hundreds of posts on them. I just did not want to go for the quiet 14858 and be disappointed with the sound. I will give my feedback once they are on. Congratulations and welcome to the site. :burnout:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
They do sound great with the stock H. Any other midpipe, ultra loud.

04torchred

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Wait let me get this straight, they arn't very loud and you guys like that? Did I read this wrong?

What most of us meant was the way people were talking about them being loud, we were expecting them to be a lot louder. They are still pretty loud and sound really good so I am happy. Just need to get some LT's and Prochamber now so it gets a lot louder cause there is still room to go.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
SilverCobra04 said:
The Stingers are expensive, therefore they will sound the best. :rolleyes: That's how it works...
?

I was speaking of sound volume but do what you need to do!

Silver03

Established Member
SilverCobra04 said:
Oh, should have been more specific.:wink: Anyhow, I think the Stingers have a "ricey" sound to them.

Ricey? Do you mean rice as in a fart can? They make the car sound like a friggin NASCAR! I realize you have your opinion, so what catback sounds good to you?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Silver03 said:
Ricey? Do you mean rice as in a fart can? They make the car sound like a friggin NASCAR! I realize you have your opinion, so what catback sounds good to you?

I would go as far as "fart can" sounding, it's hard to explain. I think the MAC catback sounds the best, however, the quality is terrible. I'm currently running the Magnaflow catback which sounds decent.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I've always known that there are two things people will never agree on: Politics and Religion; however I'm revising that list to 3... politics, religion, and exhaust...

Silver03

Established Member
SilverCobra04 said:
I would go as far as "fart can" sounding, it's hard to explain. I think the MAC catback sounds the best, however, the quality is terrible. I'm currently running the Magnaflow catback which sounds decent.

I could see where Stingers with an x pipe may sound more ricey than an H, but to each his own. :beer:

hunterp

Established Member
Just got mine on. From the way people were talking, I was wondering if I should have put in ear plugs for the first startup. They are a little louder than the Mags on my 01, but just about right. I'm thinking an h-pipe might be a little much and could cause some issues with the local constabulary, but then again, they haven't said anything about no front plate. Really nice sound, the sound clips just can't capture the depth, you have to hear it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread