My first real problem with the Cobra

Emoney81

Established Member
Hey guys, I've own the car for a few weeks now and it's been running pretty solid until yesterday. Yesterday morning I went to go start it up and it started up fine but then the rpm's dropped down real low and the car started to bog down while idling. Then the rpm's went back up to normal for a moment then it did the same thing again. I held the gas for a moment then let go. The car started to idle steady after that.

I didn't have any more issues with it that whole day until later on in the evening. It started up fine then all of a sudden it just cut off. I cranked it again and it did the same thing. I'm not sure what it might be. I thought the morning issue may have been fuel related, but the evening issue seems to be more ignition related. Any insight would be appreciated.

Emoney81

Established Member
Update: I disconnected the IAC and cleaned it with some carb cleaner. Hooked it back up and still the same thing. So I ran down to the local parts store and got a new IAC. Got home and hooked that one up and still the same result. Any chance its something else?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Update: I disconnected the IAC and cleaned it with some carb cleaner. Hooked it back up and still the same thing. So I ran down to the local parts store and got a new IAC. Got home and hooked that one up and still the same result. Any chance its something else?

Try cleaning the MAF. Use something like this:
image.aspx

Emoney81

Established Member
Problem solved. The hose that connects from the air intake that crosses over the motor to the IAC was loose (How I don't know). I slipped it back onto the air intake and like magic the car started normally. It pisses me off that I didn't notice it was off until 5 hrs later. Oh well, at least its running again and it wasn't anything other than a loose hose. Thanks for the input guys.

bumsoil

Established Member
I used rubbing alcohol and q tips to clean my MAF. Screw a can of cleaner you will use once. I was extremely delicate with it and everything is golden.

Users who are viewing this thread