My First Fox

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
Obviously hard to tell from the one photo, but for a vert it is a damn fine color combo IMO. I think you'll find the 5.0 a fun little engine. And if you can play with a 4.6 with any confidence (and it sounds like you can) you are going to Humpty Dance once you play with the 302 for a little bit. Seriously an easy platform and layout.

Whatever you decide I wish ya luck.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Thanks man. And I really can't believe prices for parts for them. Like a cam that's $180? That's crazy lol. Headers are a lot cheaper as well

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
I'm saying...

Parts are cheap, install is a heck of a lot easier, damn near fun to work on even.

You can't go wrong here, either way you go. You have to choose between a fun vehicle or a fun vehicle. Great problem to have.

Enjoy my friend.

stangposse

Established Member
I'd hold out for a 5-speed car that didn't need a heater core and gears....both not easy installs.

Those don't look like SN95 wheels...they look like the original ponies.

Good luck anyway.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Oh my bad I didn't know they put pony wheels on fox bodies stock. I've just never seen them on a fox before lol. But what are the stock gears of an 88 5.0? And is the rear end an 8.8 like the sn-95s are?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
On that car the rear is probably a 3.08..but I'm guessing. They are 8.8's though, and you get a 31 spline CF clutch diff from a GT500 NIB from LRS for ~200 bucks. Get a set of gears and axles to go with it, and your golden.

The heater core is a big job that's a pita, but it'll give you a chance to go through the interior and clean things up a bit. If you want to install an aftermarket radio, that would be an excellent time to do it, because you could run all new wires for the speakers and tuck them away nice and neat under the dash.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Im not sure what condition the interior is in yet, but i will know tomorrow. but i would like to get a new stereo system in it if its only stock. I like the look of the mach460 set up in my cobra so the only thing ive done with that is put a stereo in it.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
okay so i just met the guy in my town (he lives a county over) and he showed me all kinds of pictures of the car on his laptop. It looks great. He tore the engine completely down and had everything cleaned, new gaskets and seals, had the block painted ford racing blue, all kinds of stuff. hopefully he can get the pics to me and ill get a couple on here tonight. the only thing i dont like about it is that he has halo headlights and tail lights on it

Users who are viewing this thread