My first cobra

NVRENUF

Established Member
Well i figuered i would introduce myself since I am now the owner of a 96 cobra that i have big plans for. I am coming from the import side of things not ricey well built 588 whp evo, So now i have a cobra which will get a 76mm turbo and a "c" head swap, couple of things wrong witht eh car but i can fix all of that lil shit. That will all have to wait until i get out of iraq and come back home( San Diego). Hope everyone has a good day!

ARdoller

Established Member
i hope you know everything you need to put c heads on to a block with b heads, since its not exactly "plug and play".

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Good luck. It should be a lot of fun once you get it up and running. Be safe.

NVRENUF

Established Member
well i might widen the current intake manifold, port the B heads and put in a 5.4 bottom end. I have pretty much canned the c heads idea to save money unless i can find a good deal

NVRENUF

Established Member
MMR does, but i think I am going to go with the boss block stroked to 5.3 so i don't have to widen my intake manifold that way i won't have to modify the turbo kit.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I see you're in Iraq, come home safe first, then worry about the car!! But sounds like a killer combo.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
What are your goals for the car? Because the B heads can make 800 rwhp with 281 ci and a 76mm turbo. You might end up spending more money than you need to. Just my .02

NVRENUF

Established Member
What are your goals for the car? Because the B heads can make 800 rwhp with 281 ci and a 76mm turbo. You might end up spending more money than you need to. Just my .02

yeah I decided to keep my heads port them and build the bottom end should be a fun car!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
stick with the stock width intake, have a shortrunner made there are two guys here on the boards that could do it if you want it done

Users who are viewing this thread