my first 2 kills in the 2012 GT....wrx and jeep SRT8

BURTON iZ KiLLA

Established Member
last night heading to a meet i was rollin with some buddies on base and AFTER WE LEFT BASE my friend wanted to run me, his car is a 2004 wrx with a 16G turbo, he said he was making 300AWHP and 300AWTQ. I thought it'd be a good run considering he was 400 pounds less than me and i had one passenger....... both runs were from 40.... right out the gate (as in, right when we started the race not the FRONT GATE) i put a car on him in 2nd then as soon as i hit third i was gone.... shut it down at 120 was about 4 cars ahead... i like his ride suprising little subie

then this morning a jeep srt8 reved at me from a light, we proceed to the highway and he gets caught in traffic but weaves around to catch me i put it 3rd at 60 and gun it (gave him the honk) and pulled him hard up to 100 about 4 cars.... he had really loud exhaust and that's all i know.... fun races and i LOVE my mustang...

I'm all stock...!

Last edited:

onebadsvt

Established Member
factory srt8 jeep= 1.6 60ft and 104-106 trap speeds. def does best from a dig lol

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Good kills, the subi kill reminds me of a buddy I ran with "420awhp" (misguided). From a 50 roll on 4.5psi ("off" on the truboost, 510whp) I walked him 2 cars+ by 75, wotboxed into 3rd, and was 5+ by 95~ so I let out.

Run a jeep from a dig, with good driving you'll reel him in by 50. I ran a "360awhp" Sti from a dig when I was sc with 10psi (410whp) on drag radials. I reeled him by 25-30and was ahead a headlight before powershifting for second.

An srt8 jeep won't launch like a 360whp sti, and a 2012 hooks a ton better than a terminator so I'd say easy kill if you go for an 1/8th mile.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
1.6 isn't far fetched for the SRT8 jeeps with their AWD... Nice runs! Would have been interesting with the jeep from a dig...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
1.6 isn't far fetched for the SRT8 jeeps with their AWD... Nice runs! Would have been interesting with the jeep from a dig...

From years of digging I seem to remember high 1.7s being rare but doable... I don't think I've ever seen anyone close to a 1.6... Not saying it's impossible.. but would love to see a thread/information about it (launch method?).

spc miller

Established Member
last night heading to a meet i was rollin with some buddies on base and my friend wanted to run me, his car is a 2004 wrx with a 16G turbo, he said he was making 300AWHP and 300AWTQ. I thought it'd be a good run considering he was 400 pounds less than me and i had one passenger....... both runs were from 40.... right out the gate i put a car on him in 2nd then as soon as i hit third i was gone.... shut it down at 120 was about 4 cars ahead... i like his ride suprising little subie

then this morning a jeep srt8 reved at me from a light, we proceed to the highway and he gets caught in traffic but weaves around to catch me i put it 3rd at 60 and gun it (gave him the honk) and pulled him hard up to 100 about 4 cars.... he had really loud exhaust and that's all i know.... fun races and i LOVE my mustang...

I'm all stock...!

Which base you on?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Right out of the Main Gate?? If so, did you do this after the redlight and then the bend? I def wouldn't do it straight out of the gate. Those mall cop/gate guards and the SF's don't mind remembering your car and calling it in to the local authorities. When I was there late 2010/early 2011, i had zero bites from anything in my 03 Cobra or my 03 L.

Nice kills though.

spc miller

Established Member
Right out of the Main Gate?? If so, did you do this after the redlight and then the bend? I def wouldn't do it straight out of the gate. Those mall cop/gate guards and the SF's don't mind remembering your car and calling it in to the local authorities. When I was there late 2010/early 2011, i had zero bites from anything in my 03 Cobra or my 03 L.

Nice kills though.

This is why I asked. see if he was on my base so I could check out the car and meet the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread