my failed attempt at 12s

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
went to the track again friday night in search of 12s, and ended up 2 for 3 coming home on the trailer. 2nd trans in this dam car, first was a t45 and now the t3650 is shot, locked in 4th gear now. great

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I didn't need to read this.

I'm about to possibly hit the track with my car on Friday..and now I'm scared :/

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
well if it grinds going to 3rd now and it pops out under WOT dont bang 4th lol

weird thing is, it did not fight me going to 4th. totally normal shift..:shrug:

01bluesnake

Established Member
sorry to hear about the trans. the 3650 is not a bad trans, just not the best. don't powershift it and run the correct fluid and you shouldn't have any problems on mild bolt on n/a setup's. i have had very good luck with mine. right now i'm about 330rwhp,(previous dyno #'s below) haven't dynoed since kooks, modified upper intake hat, and ported and polished stock tb, and built sra. i have run consistent 12.2's at 113-114mph launching on slicks at 5.3k i wouldn't see any need to go promotion at your power level, but if you have the cash, not a bad idea for future power mods. if you can find a 3650 in the fs section, it may be a better option than a promotion money wise.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I believe it's around the $1700 range for a PMP built 3650. I'm not sure if that includes core or not.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
i dont really powershift it, but i do run the car hard sometimes for fun. i like the way it squats :banana:

also, i still have my brokeass t45, and someone around here will rebuild it for $199 plus parts wiht a year warranty (i work at a chevy dealer, i get good prices ;) ) so i think im gonna do that.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
i dont really powershift it, but i do run the car hard sometimes for fun. i like the way it squats :banana:

also, i still have my brokeass t45, and someone around here will rebuild it for $199 plus parts wiht a year warranty (i work at a chevy dealer, i get good prices ;) ) so i think im gonna do that.

That's great and all, but it's just gonna break again.

TD91GT

Established Member
rebuild the t-45 it is a great trans. bob hanlon does some real good stuff to make the t45 stronger. good luck

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I have a broke promotion built T45 sitting on my bench if you want to buy it. it needs a input shaft and a cluster gear. other than that it only has 1700 miles on it with all the good stuff inside. billet key ways and what not...

about 300 bucks in parts, and the cluster gear needs to be pressed on, ive talked with wally at promotion and he said it should all go back together just fine with the shims that are in there, so no need to reshim the input shaft.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread