my engine knocking

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I posted this in terminator talk a couple of weeks ago, just thought I'd put it here for even more feedback. I hadnt had time to deal with it too much as of late but I think me and some buddies have a good idea, tell me what you think...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVjB2TxIHU"]YouTube - 03 cobra knocking[/nomedia]

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
damn that doesnt sound good. Wish i could help, good luck figuring it out.

Paulinator

Established Member
if you want to find which cylinder is making the noise easiest unplug the injectors one at a time without the fuel in the cycle it will reduce the cylinder pressure on the piston and the noise will reduce if not go away. Bent wrist pin will make a noise like that, broken ring land will let oil by and you will get blueish smoke in the exhaust.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
The leakdown test is coming as soon as I can get some time in. I agree that its a great place to start. I just wanted to try my luck posting it even though its hard to say with some many possibilities

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
if you want to find which cylinder is making the noise easiest unplug the injectors one at a time without the fuel in the cycle it will reduce the cylinder pressure on the piston and the noise will reduce if not go away. Bent wrist pin will make a noise like that, broken ring land will let oil by and you will get blueish smoke in the exhaust.

Thats exactly what I did, seems like cylinder 3 is the culprit but it was hard to tell from inside the car.

I heard that sound in my old 01 Cobra. Not good. For your sake, I hope its just a leprechaun swinging a hammer in there.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Sorry for not posting the details fellas. I was racing my buddy and at the top of second BEFORE redline, well before, the car just stopped pulling and I felt power loss. I pulled over and the car was only ticking off an on slightly. I drove home fine with normal power levels... The next day while my buddy was taking a listen, i revved the car a little like a dumbass ( not hard though, just a quick blip) and now we have knocking! An engine build is most definite if the motor is coming out which I'm sure is. 5.0 stroker coming soon I'd say...

Users who are viewing this thread