my engine is ticking?

all costume SVT

Established Member
when i start her up i hear a ticking/tapping in the motor. I hear it when i rev and when i'm in gear. Is this a valve? I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. I am worried that i'm looking at spending alot of money on this problem, right? Owell if anybody has any info i could use the help!!!
thanks SCOTT:cuss:

Y2KSVT

Established Member
knock stop..... Ok not really.. If indeed you are hearing the dreaded rod knock, a rebuild will be in your near future.. Looking for performance? Doing the work on your own? Your best bet would be to look into a low mileage 01+ oval port 3.0L from the Ford Escape. You can find a ton of information on the different 3.0L swaps, including how-to's over at www.contour.org and www.fastcougar.com. You'll find that this swap will cost less than replacing it with another 2.5L SVT block, and will net you ~20FWHP and ~40FWTQ with a couple bolt-ons.

Mark

all costume SVT

Established Member
how much am i looking at? and how hard is it to do it your self? and is it realy worth it?:??:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
where is the tapping? It may be a stuck valve adjuster (can't remember the technical name on it).

If it is a bottom end knock, the motor probably would have gone by now.

all costume SVT

Established Member
you can hear it at the top of the intake manifold twords the left pasengersside. its not at the bottom or anything like that. I still have grate pickup b i don't get into it an more, only shift at 3,000RPMs is that too high or too low to shift?

Users who are viewing this thread