My engagement (kinda long)

CobraTone

Established Member
Ok, I need a rating on the romance scale.

I've been studying in Germany since January to finish my masters. My g/f who I've been dating for almost 4 years, a senior in college, came to visit for her spring break (the plane ticket was a surprise x-mas gift from my parents and me). I had been planning this thing since mid December when I bought the ring.

Well, she has wanted to see Paris her entire life, and is obsessed with it. She never thought she would go there this early. I told her I had a small surprise when she got here. So i laid the train ticket to paris in her suitcase and told her to pack her bag. She freaked! :rolling: She knew absolutely nothing of the trip and was in the dark as to the surprises to follow. I'm so sneaky.

We arrive to Paris and taxi to the hotel. It was a 4 star and I had reserved a room with a balcony. I made her close her eyes going into the room and led her onto the balcony and told her to open her eyes. Right there was the Eiffel tower (which she is also obsessed with). So she freaked again. :rolling: We spend the rest of the day touring some of the city, then came back to get all dressed up for our romantic dinner. She didn't know where we were going, and when i lead her down to the river she was really confused. Well, we got VIP access to the dinner boat, priority boarding, a table at the front, and all that jazz. She was freaking again. :rolling: The boat was awesome, extremely romantic with a live band, great food, etc. So we had a five course meal and a romantic cruise down the Seine river!!:-D

I was going to propose at dinner, but then didn't feel it was quite right, and figured she would want it in private. So after dinner as we were walking back to the hotel I took her by the eiffel tower as it was all lit up, into the Champs de Mars, and did the whole one knee thing. Needless to say she was totally surprised and ecstatic. She wasn't expecting it at all, I had always gotten off the subject of marriage quickly. Naturally she loved the ring. So anyways, the next day we toured the city again, and had another romantic dinner, then returned to Germany. She told me it was the best and most surprising trip she would ever have. Lets hope so, because I certainly spared no expense to make her happy.

Sorry if this made some of you :xpl: . But thanks for reading! We don't plan on having the wedding for about 2 years while we finish the college thing, but I could not pass up such an opportunity, so I took it! :beer:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Great job, and congrats.
One thing I learned, LONG engagements are kind of hard.
don't know why but it was for me and a few others I talked to.
but it's worth it.
It's 10yrs. for my and the slave driver oh I mean wife next month.

Congrats again, I won't bother with my .02 anymore.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Congrats man. I asked my girl to marry me in December. Nothing as romantic as you, but pretty funny none the less. I gave her the box where the ring comes in but took out the ring. So when she opened the box there was no ring. Than I made it look like I accidently lost the ring without laughing and giving it away. To my surprise her family, my family and her actually thought that the ring had fallen and had gotten lost. They were all looking for it on the floor. I couldn't hold it anymore and started laughing and then proceeded to let her know how I feel about her and so on. Then I took the ring out of my pocket and asked her to marry me. Pretty dorky, huh. LOL

CobraTone

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Stampede - I can see where you're coming from, but I'm sure we can make it work until we're ready for the big day. :)

PoohBear - :lol: I think that's awesome and hilarious the way you did it! I can picture her family combing the house for the ring while she was freaking out! Lol, very creative. :beer:

stevieb

Established Member
Very nice job! Im sure she will never ever forget this time in her life. Congratulations and good luck, with that kind of creativity Im sure the flame will never die out.:beer: Think of this as champagne today.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
CobraTone, you're making the rest of us look bad. I'd better make sure my wife never reads this thread! Seriously, congratulations on a truly romantic beginning to your engagement. Good luck with your upcoming marriage! :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dude:

I think you get like a 10.5 on the romantic scale of 1-10.

It sounds like you knocked her socks off?!?!

Congratulations!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ssssnake

Established Member
Whoa! Now that's a proposal! I won't even discuss mine - even though I did say "yes." :) Best wishes for a long and happy marriage. :beer:

lilblond75

Steve's BRAT!
Established Member
That makes me want to:cryying:

But that was soooooooooo cool..............If or when:-D anyone pops me that question I want it something special that I will never forget:-D

CobraTone

Established Member
Thanks for all the congrats guys. :)

I know when I get back to the states I'm going to get hell from my fraternity brothers, because all their g/f's are talking about it, lol.

The other good part of the deal is that I love her parents to death, so I won't have the dreaded in-law problem that some people have. Her dad always helps me work on my car. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread