my eaton swapped mach Vs TT ls1 camaro

watman02

Established Member
So my buddy has a APS twin turbo 00 camaro T-56 with 4.10's in a dana @ 7.5 psi, has run a best ever 7.0 1/8 at 101(should be low 11's maybe high 10's??). my mods are in sig. it was a really hot day so both our cars were pulling timing due to the heat like 90's with humidity.
so i know im gona loose but i wanted to give him a run anyways
so we were cruising side by side at 35-40 in 4th gear we both have 4.10's i was running low 2000's rpm when we took off and like i assumed he instantly pulled i took it into the high 80's when i shut down and he had about 2 cars and was pulling away.
i felt pretty good about it though i wasn't really sure how bad it was going to be but i was pleasantly surprised by it i really thought it would have been worse???
neither car has been dyno'd.
thought i would share.

Last edited:

Mach Boy

Established Member
What is the deal with people starting a race in 4th gear at 40mph? If you want to play it safe go ride a stationary bike. Should it have been worse? Yes, for either one of you because you don't know what gear you should be in. He should have pulled aircraft carriers on you had he started in the right gear.

watman02

Established Member
we were looking for a HP pull just like you would do on a dyno JACK A$$.
taking driver and gearing out of it.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

I'm going to read between the stupid and say they think a 4th year pull is the only way to tell the HP difference between 2 cars...while completely ignoring the fact they're dealing with 2 entirely different transmissions and gear sets.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'm going to read between the stupid and say they think a 4th year pull is the only way to tell the HP difference between 2 cars...while completely ignoring the fact they're dealing with 2 entirely different transmissions and gear sets.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought too... But I just wanted some clarification.

Mach Boy

Established Member

Exactly

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
No harm trying something like this but at least, do one run in the right gear and at a good mph to see what the car would do as a whole.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

EXACTLY
Hey, why don't you do an overdrive run next? I'm sure your car would love the extra load and heat :burn:

watman02

Established Member
4th is 1:1 in both cars, both cars have 4.10's, both on 26in tires. so it comes down to power to weight ratio. in any other gear I wouldn't have a chance his car has run a almost a 1 sec faster in the 1/8 than mine so I knew I was going to lose it was just by how much I was hoping his turbo lag would give me an advantage.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
So my buddy has a APS twin turbo 00 camaro T-56 with 4.10's in a dana @ 7.5 psi, has run a best ever 7.0 1/8 at 101(should be low 11's maybe high 10's??). my mods are in sig. it was a really hot day so both our cars were pulling timing due to the heat like 90's with humidity.
so i know im gona loose but i wanted to give him a run anyways
so we were cruising side by side at 35-40 in 4th gear we both have 4.10's i was running low 2000's rpm when we took off and like i assumed he instantly pulled i took it into the high 80's when i shut down and he had about 2 cars and was pulling away.
i felt pretty good about it though i wasn't really sure how bad it was going to be but i was pleasantly surprised by it i really thought it would have been worse???
neither car has been dyno'd.
thought i would share.

we were looking for a HP pull just like you would do on a dyno JACK A$$.
taking driver and gearing out of it.

null-12.gif

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
4th is 1:1 in both cars, both cars have 4.10's, both on 26in tires. so it comes down to power to weight ratio. in any other gear I wouldn't have a chance his car has run a almost a 1 sec faster in the 1/8 than mine so I knew I was going to lose it was just by how much I was hoping his turbo lag would give me an advantage.

Why not race normally? I still don't follow what the whole point of this was...

Users who are viewing this thread