My dyno results

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Mods are in the sig, but basically a JLT kit and a set of FRPP stingers, 493 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno, pretty damn happy with that. The flywheel numbers are about 638 BHP so that's a pretty big gain for the cash in.

For comparison, the Lightning pulls 334 and the KB GTS makes 352 on the same dyno.

Here's the video, sheets to follow.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crWvPePGt7Q"]YouTube- GT500 dyno.mp4[/nomedia]

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
So your thinking you lose 30% of your BHP.
I think the manual trans and diff takes close to 15%.
I dont think the water pump, alternator, and power steering pump takes another 15%?

Blazeone

Established Member
15% for driveline loss is the norm. Mustang Dyno's can be set up to read practically anything. They are a great tuning tool as the load they put on the car can be adjusted to fine tune for different operating conditions.

This same adjustability of the load can give many differnet WOT #'s depending on what load is being used. If the dyno was set up for car weight, aero and road friction the #'s will be low compared to a DynoJet - load bearing vs. inertia.

But after many complaints of low numbers a lot of the Mustang dyno operators have a calibration they use that gives out DynoJet #'s.

"been there dynoed that" :beer:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
493rwhp @ 12psi? That must be a very conservative tune

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Blazeone pretty much nailed it, the dyno operator has this MD set to load quite hard, for example the shop car only pulls 502 RWHP and a stock GT500 makes 404.

Moreso a 2.6 KB Terminator makes 511 RWHP,

My "dynojet" number would be something around the 525 RWHP~ish, BHP number were supplied by the dyno operator

Last edited:

littlejohn

Established Member
Yeah not to worry Matt's dyno reads at least 40-45 rwhp low when compared to Dynojet #'s. My car is down there getting cams and tuned later this week on top of the TVS I just put on. I will be posting my results. Here are some other GT500's #'s:

stock SuperSnake - 584 rwhp

same SuperSnake w/LT's, no cats - 617 rwhp

2.9 Whipple w/LTs - 610 rwhp

TVS and FRPP cams, race tune - 625 rwhp

4.0 Whipple on a Ford GT - 655 rwhp

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Now with a short 1/4 mile video.

DA was in the 3000 range FWIW

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYC44TW-Js"]YouTube- GT500 Drag 2010 Season.mp4[/nomedia]

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So your thinking you lose 30% of your BHP.
I think the manual trans and diff takes close to 15%.
I dont think the water pump, alternator, and power steering pump takes another 15%?

22% is 632 493/78 ~ 632
23% is 640 493/77 ~ 640

6 sp drivetrain generally is closer to 12 or 13% on a well calibrated dynojet, however a mustang dyno reads much lower than the dynojet. Sometimes it can be a 10% difference...Which is where he got the 638 from.

493 + 10% 542.3/.85(15% drivetrain loss) ~ 638

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
When I was initially setup with my tune, I reported 493 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno and a number of fellows groaned at how low that was. Knowing that particular dyno and how heavy it loads doesn't much make substance for most folks. So I had the opportunity to jump on a Dynojet during the International Mustang Meet and came up with some more familiar sounding numbers.

The GT500 has the following mods:

JLT Pulley/CAI/Tune Kit which is:

• JLT CAI
  • 2.6 Upper Pulley
  • Metco Idler
  • NGK Plugs
  • Diablosport Predator

Additionally I have:
  • Custom Tune by Tecmotion
  • FRPP Stinger Mufflers (SGT)

Total timing is 20* at WOT and my fueling is in the 11's (11.7-11.4 can't recall offhand) so nothing ridiculous.

Here's the chart:
Darren50LGT500dyno.jpg

and here's a video:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91W4_9I2xNU"]YouTube - Darren5.0L's GT500 Dynojet.mp4[/nomedia]

This winter I'm looking at doing a Port/Inlet/TB/OD pulley etc.

Big thanks to Jay Tucker for the awesome bolt-on's and to my tuner for a great setup.

denial

Established Member
That the same exact numbers i made with the same setup but with SCT tuner. I now have o/r x-pipe, lower 10% , Afco H/E with dual pass , LCA's / 72mm TB , Ported Elbow. Haven't installed yet. Wondering if it will make 600 at the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread