My dog ate my Helmet?!!

Bosko

Established Member
When I got back from the track last week I left my helmet on the trailer in my back yard over night accidently. Anyways in the morning I saw a helmet in the middle of the lawn after the sprinklers turned off. Then as I realize thats MY helmet I left out. I notice that the padding is spread all over the yard in a million pices all over the damn yard. The helmet was like new. It cost me about $180 a year ago. Its a Bieffe Helmet (is that how you spell it?).

Anyways.... Does anyone know if you can buy replacement padding for the inside? If I cant then I have to go spend a bunch more money on a whole new helmet.

P.S. Anyone looking for a new Puppy? Black Lab/Rott Mix, 90lbs, 11 Months old....

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Nobody will sell the padding replacement...especially not the company who made it. As far as they are concerned, you are due a new helmet.

Bieffes are nice, But there are cheaper alternatives that protect just as well. KBC comes to mind.

I personally use Arai but they are ~$600 a pop, I have two colors one for each bike. To each his own.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Just in case you don't know why he ate it....

Dog's are "attracted" to the salty sweat of humans, especially their masters.

Never leave any sweat soaked garment where your dog can get it. It's difficult for them to resist.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

Never leave any sweat soaked garment where your dog can get it. It's difficult for them to resist.

It's nice to read this sort of comment about the dog instead of "#^%@ animal, I'm gonna shoot it". Thanks for the insight sly.

Like the Avatar as well. I can't wait for the sequel, it comes out this month finally.

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

Those type of dogs will chew everything! My female lab mix chewed my yard hose off at the spigot. Can't leave anything loose out there.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I hear ya, my Ginger ate all my newly installed sprinklers. The backyard is hers, the wife doesnt seem to understand that anything left outside will have its ownership transferred. I love puppies, even if they eat my stuff.

A

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My dog, Daisy a Golden Retriever did the same thing to mine....

Users who are viewing this thread