My dad taking his Roush P51A Mustang thru gears

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
My dad taking his Roush P51A Mustang thru gears

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB8oH54oUvY"]YouTube- HotRodHarrys Dads Roush P51A going thru some gears. BFG Drag Radials 523 rwhp[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjPQOqEXYEU"]YouTube- HotRodHarrys Dads Roush P51A going thru some gears. BFG Drag Radials 523 rwhp[/ame]

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks and LOL...thanks for the upgrade link...but we go to teamjdm.com My dad is keeping this one stock power wise.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
car sounds nice man get some pics up! how many of those did they make

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
car sounds nice man get some pics up! how many of those did they make

Roush made 100 of the 2008 P-51A rated at 510hp 510tq.The 2009 P-51B they produced 51 so a total of 151 for the 2 years combined.
Roush Announces Second P-51 Mustang Tribute Car
Ford Power - ROUSH P-51A Mustang Packs 510 Horsepower

Very nice car.My friend has(#54) one with a lower crank pulley swap and a new tune since the roush tunes come pig rich. It put down 535rwhp on a mustang dyno. Your dads is bone stock making 523hp,do you have any dyno sheets?
They usually put down around 420hp in stock form.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZWstKNmOv8&NR=1"]YouTube- roush p51 mustang on dyno[/ame]

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Photos are all on my website HotRodHarrys.com - Home Page

Here is a direct link to that area of my dads P51A
http://www.hotrodharrys.com/cars/showarticle.php?articleID=50

My dad is 68 years old...my mom is 65 and here is here 600 rwhp Kennebell supercharged 03 Cobra Convertible
http://www.hotrodharrys.com/cars/showarticle.php?articleID=55

I go to teamjdm.com for the new stuff.....they are the best in my book. They have a P51 powered 428R car in the 9s now from Maine I think, and of course my 13 lbs of Saleen supercharged stock block/heads/automatic trans and stock converter and rear axles/limited slip car is way in the 10s now. I havnt seen any Sansone new S197 GT stock block cars turning 10s full weight. TeamJDM has tuned my dads 03 Cobra also and his other Roush 427R cars. My stock non forged internals are still holding up on my motor..my automatic trans and torque converter.

Here are some direct pics and dyno sheet. Stock pulley and everything else on his P51A. His car is number 100 made and that was suppose to be the last made..but then they upped the production to 151. The car number 100 and back need an updated tune. Roush had that tune way off and do a retune..as as done on my dads. His car actually made 524 after the new Roush tune. Remember..all the early Roush P51 cars are pig rich stock and are way off....the number 101 car and 2009 Roush P51B cars will all make around the 508 to 520 range rwhp on a dynojet that is

p51.jpg

P51a-0.jpg

p51b.jpg

p51c.jpg

p51dyno.jpg

Last edited:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
I havnt seen any Sansone new S197 GT stock block cars turning 10s full weight. TeamJDM has tuned my dads 03 Cobra also and his other Roush 427R cars.

Not going to get into a pissing match with you man. But before you make a statement like that you should do your research. Everyone likes their own shop. I wasn't telling you which shop to use I just made a suggestion.

Your father has a bad ride. Congrats.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Beautiful car, Harry! I wish my father was a big Mustang buff like you guys seem to be. lol

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Not going to get into a pissing match with you man. But before you make a statement like that you should do your research. Everyone likes their own shop. I wasn't telling you which shop to use I just made a suggestion.

Your father has a bad ride. Congrats.

:beer::thumbsup::D

And dont think we have anything against Sansone. Between my father and me since 2006. We have purchased 4 Mustang each from them...Thats a total of 8 Stang...totally 393,000 dollars. Its just we have used JDM for so long...well...after my buddy Nitrous Pete that is :)

Kevin worked on and tuned my 2006 GT convertible at his Wicked shop in brick and did an awesome job.

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
very nice!

I got lucky enough to drive one of those abouta year ago. It is definitely the fastes factory s197 car I have driven. I would even put money on it against a KR.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
very nice!

I got lucky enough to drive one of those abouta year ago. It is definitely the fastes factory s197 car I have driven. I would even put money on it against a KR.

Thanks and I have to agree with ya!

Every time I see that Terminator pic of yours I miss mine. Love that photo!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Badass car man! I got a buddy that works at Stage 3 and he says that car is amazing! Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have that pic above in a fullsize version? The one in Lstruck03s' signature.

Users who are viewing this thread