my cousin will be parking this next to his 10k mile 03cobra tomorrow.

stangposse

Established Member
I'd love to bang gears in that thing for a summer, but wouldn't want to own it long term.

Wish him luck!

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
We just got back from the dealer and I got to drive the truck for 1 hour so my day is set.

To answer some of the questions above.

He will not be towing anything so that’s why he bought this truck

This is his work truck and he plans to use it daily until he gets something else.

We both love lightnings but we wont touch automatic cars or trucks.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I love the idea of the truck and I bet it is fun to drive but why buy a truck that you can't tow with? From my understanding the stock clutch won't handle the towing load. Doesnt' the Regular Cab SRT-10 only have a 500lb payload as well? The quad cab is the only one you can tow with. Still a nice muscle truck.

I had an '04 that I towed with a couple of times - no problems. Though I did swap out the stock 4.11 gears w/ 4.56's(which came standard in the '05 and later models).

I miss that damn truck. Hate to say it here, but I liked it more than my '99 Lightning.:shrug:

Last edited:

945LSTANG

Established Member
Word.

Having nice cars and not driving them is like having a hot gf and not having sex with her, bc you're trying to keep her in good condition for her next boyfriend.

LOL. nice little analogy.

OP: your avatar is seriously creeping me out. haha

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I'm not the biggest dodge truck fan but the SRT version is pretty sweet. I'd like to drive one but wouldnt buy one over a Lightning, just personal preference.

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
I'm not the biggest dodge truck fan but the SRT version is pretty sweet. I'd like to drive one but wouldnt buy one over a Lightning, just personal preference.

It's all good bro, i'm the same way but this truck is something else and one day i would like to own one:rolling:

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
yeah, Hugo buys whats he sees. he burned up half a tank in a few hours messing around last night :)

Users who are viewing this thread