My Cobra's horrific death photos. MANY PICS!

shelbygt

Established Member
So yesterday, I was driving my car (in a 15mph school zone) and out of nowhere, an 18 year old guy slams my 98 Cobra in the front left and caused the carnage you see below. There was an SUV sitting at the intersection who when I was spun around from the impact, my rear quarter panel hit her car sending it into the grass. The kid had crack cocaine on him, nearly killed his girlfriend (who was not seat belted) and is still set to be charged with multiple felonies. The witnesses and police said that they believe he was doing 60-70mph when he hit me. :nonono: I am still sick over these photos and the violence and helplessness I experienced.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo12.jpg

Here you can see how far my bumper and partial frame rail flew from the car. The red Hyundai you can see... where it ended up starting out near where the Monte Carlo is in the photo.
photo13.jpg

photo15.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo18.jpg

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Dude im so sorry for your lose. I know how you feel, i lost a mustang and a bike to assholes like this. At least you and your girl are alive. If your anything like me, during my accidents i didnt give a shit about myself and only cared about my car and bike. Sorry again bro!

3Mach1

Established Member
Terribly sorry for your car man but I am glad you are ok. That looked pretty nasty. It looked like your air bag went off but I was not certain.

trxcobra

Established Member
Jesus. Sorry to hear that man and glad you are alive/okay. That looks like it was quite the hit.

shelbygt

Established Member
Thanks guys! Luckily I was alone in the car, the guy that hit me had the girl with him and last I heard, she is still in really bad shape. I have had dozens of people including the police and paramedics on the scene tell me how lucky I was. Had he hit me in the door, I'd be dead, end of story. Most people can't relate that I feel a loss for the car as well and while I am SOOOO thankful that I had dropped my 5 year old off not 2 minutes before this happened and that I was able to walk away. But, I guess you have to be a car guy to get it. The kid who did it was driving someone else's car, so clearly he doesn't give a f*ck about what he did. My 16 year old son was probably going to be getting this car in a year, so he is heart broken as well.
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

walked_u_hard

Established Member
your pissed off? you should be happy he didnt T-Bone you right in the center of the car. your lucky dude, be happy your still here.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Sorry for your loss man at least you are alright , lost my '03 in May the same way some kid with a warrant and a stolen car ran head on into me then bolted on foot! Again man just be glad you are alright unfortunate but at least you can replace a car.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
DAMN BRO, brings back memories of my accident in may, damn those memories. Old lady ran a red and plowed the **** into me. she missed the door, which is why im still here so i completely understand, the car did its job and died instead of you, do yourself a favor and go get checked out!

you can see where her head hit the windshield

shelbygt

Established Member
Trust me guys...I know I am lucky and appreciate how much worse it could have been. When I climbed out of the car I was sure I was going to be severely injured and was ready to apply pressure to open wounds. It is the most violent thing I have ever experienced and it happened in milliseconds leaving me helpless to react. I actually heard his car running wide open as he plowed into me. I relive it 100 times a day anytime I think about it.

Today new things are hurting and I may have really messed up my shoulder from the impact or when he hit the front wheel, it jerked the steering wheel to the right as I was holding it. The 2 police investigators advised me several times to get a lawyer asap and today I did.

kahukub

Established Member
Is that the kid that hit you? long hair by the stop sign. 4th photo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread