My Cobras 1st Dyno Run!!

futureSVT

Established Member
As the title says, this is my first dyno run in the cobra since ive owned it.

Ive had some bad luck on a dyno before. I cracked the trans housing on my old 02 Gt back in the day. So i was alittle scared to hop back on the dyno but i found a local guy who was really cool and took his time with everything.

Mods..
2.76 BF, Stage 4 Port, JLT Rai, home ported plenum, Upr X, Magnaflow Catback, BAP, Mafia.

I feel like the #s are about average.. Kinda low on TQ though. Car runs good and the logs are looking good.

Some pics and Vids(quality isnt the greast didnt know my camera was so out of date lol)

dyno3.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg
SAE
IMG_0331.jpg
STD
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

DSC04980.jpg

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04973.jpg

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgTuDkWYE_c"]YouTube - 03 cobra dyno[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdQ7Mtm7LI8"]YouTube - 03 cobra dyno pull[/nomedia]

[youtube_browser]TdQ7Mtm7LI8[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

futureSVT

Established Member
Thanks Everyone..

I am not exactly sure how many degrees of timing i am running.. Rick at Amazon has been doing some email tunes for me.

Black Sex

Established Member
Nice #'s. The TQ does seem alittle low. Do ported cars lose TQ without a lower? Throw a 2# lower on it and I bet the TQ jumps up.

futureSVT

Established Member
Nice #'s. The TQ does seem alittle low. Do ported cars lose TQ without a lower? Throw a 2# lower on it and I bet the TQ jumps up.

Ive noticed that when people add lowers the TQ does seem to go up but i thought it had something to do with belt slip. I dont seem to have much slip as my curve looks somewhat steady..

I would like to crank the boost up some more so a lower is in my near future:banana:

10-43 This 03

Established Member
I would do a 2 or 4lb lower but if you do a 4lb I would put a 2.8 or 2.93 upper so you don't overspin and just create excessive heat. That thing will scream with that combo :rockon:

Stay with a custom tune on a dyno. Stay away from the email tunes. I'm not saying they don't work but your gambling when you do this. I have seen it time and time again.

I'm not hating on Amazon, (even though I'm not a fan either) I would say stay away from all email tunes, regardless of the tuner sending it to you. All motors/cars are diffrent no matter how similar they may appear.

Users who are viewing this thread