My Cobra vs......

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
My best friend has a 92 camaro RS with shiftkit and 3in flowmaster exhaust(stock manifolds) and he said u could prolly keep up with me from a dig to about 45-50 then i'd walk him. do u guys think it would be a close "outta the hole shot' or would i just waste him. I just got orh,flowmaster catback,3.73's.

hes trying to build it up to beat me. whats "planned" is "im putting UD pulleys on it, a 3500 stall converter, 4.56 gears in the rear end, and maybe a 150shot of n2o" (<---exact words from him) and u guys can see whats in my mod list. but just as we stand now whats the outcome? lol

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
The outcome now? I'd imagine that you'd walk him from a dig or a roll at any speed to any speed. Those are Chevy 305 TPI's right? I beat my friends I-ROC with gears and an exhaust easy.

blackfang

Established Member
You make 50-60 more hp at the tires than he makes at the crank. I would consider it an @ssraping.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
ya maybe. but he was tired of driving slow DD cars so its diff faster then his bigass 5.8 F-150 and fusion. but it'll be fun to run'em at least he didn't get a ghey ricer or some crap

SVTVenom97

BlackVenom
Established Member
Are you guys saying this as they sit now? Or when the mods to the Camaro are on it? With those mods to the Camaro I think you may be eating your words.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Are you guys saying this as they sit now? Or when the mods to the Camaro are on it? With those mods to the Camaro I think you may be eating your words.

Id say even with all that other stuff he will still have a hard time beating the cobra. Shit, I raced a geared/150shot 96gt, which Id say stock is about the same a 305 third gen and beat him by about half a car at the track when I only had xpipe/drag radial.(and it was for money so you sure as hell know he was trying)

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you will beat him with your current mods, when he gets his mods it will be a closer race, and if you get a vortech hes gonna get smashed

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
That 305 is a joke compared to a 4valve. They are good motors as far as reliability is concerned, but they lack performance. To give you some kind of comparison I raced a friend in highschool who had a 90 RS with about the same current mods as your friend(no cats, flowmaster, 3.73,intake) in my bone stock 02 Lightning. We ran from a dig and a roll and both times(especially the dig) it was pitiful. I cant even describe how hard I pulled him. Your car isnt much slower if at all than my L, I was running 8.8x's in the 1/8 mile, so expect a similar outcome.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
thanx guys.....he is my best friend so i don't wanna destroy his confidence in his project car. but maybe i should pretend to miss a gear and still pass him lol...NO! thats too mean! but i do wanna try that on someone :)

epracmetcon

Established Member
thanx guys.....he is my best friend so i don't wanna destroy his confidence in his project car. but maybe i should pretend to miss a gear and still pass him lol...NO! thats too mean! but i do wanna try that on someone :)

I remember one time I gave the bust to some amg benz on the highway from like a 60mph roll and let him get out a couple and put it down and went right by him with the hazzards a flashin. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread