My Cobra vs CTS-V SC

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Well i was having a meeting at red lobster left for the movies last night around 8. I ended up getting caught at a red light with a really mint/new looking CTS-V supercharged. not sure if they all are supercharged but this had emblems saying it was. Some hot ass brunette was driving. She looked over once while me and my passenger were talking. Light turned green i didn't launch but after about 10 ft i laid into it. wheel hopped/spun bad, short shifted to 2nd gear. by this time she had got on it and was right beside me, until i got into my power band of 2nd due to short shifting 1st. I started to pull away and by the top of second i had a car or so. she was shaking her head the whole time from the start. I guess she has beat everyone else in town. afterwards she wouldn't even look over. my passenger then tried to give her our famous no no no :nono: haha.

They are fast 4 door cars but heavy i guess. i heard they dyno around high 400 rwhp or low 500 rwhp stock? 0-60 in 3.9. and trap 118 in quarter.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Well i was having a meeting at red lobster left for the movies last night around 8. I ended up getting caught at a red light with a really mint/new looking CTS-V supercharged. not sure if they all are supercharged but this had emblems saying it was. Some hot ass brunette was driving. She looked over once while me and my passenger were talking. Light turned green i didn't launch but after about 10 ft i laid into it. wheel hopped/spun bad, short shifted to 2nd gear. by this time she had got on it and was right beside me, until i got into my power band of 2nd due to short shifting 1st. I started to pull away and by the top of second i had a car or so. she was shaking her head the whole time from the start. I guess she has beat everyone else in town. afterwards she wouldn't even look over. my passenger then tried to give her our famous no no no :nono: haha.

They are fast 4 door cars but heavy i guess. i heard they dyno around high 400 rwhp or low 500 rwhp stock? 0-60 in 3.9. and trap 118 in quarter.

they dyno around 490-495rwhp

david068513

Established Member
only the new ones are S/C the older ones are N/A LS and they are all 6 speeds.

good race:rockon:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
only the new ones are S/C the older ones are N/A LS and they are all 6 speeds.

good race:rockon:
The first gen CTS-V are all 6 speed but the second Gen can be had with a 6 speed manual or 6 speed automatic. The 2004-2005 first gens had the LS6 and the 2006-2008 had the LS2. The second gens get the LSA, based off the LS9 in the ZR1.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
they dyno around 490-495rwhp

yeah i think theyre around 4150lbs too... so if your 450whp, your gonna pull on it once rolling probably... theyre fast for that kinda car though, 569hp is no joke.

They add something like 70+ whp just with a pulley, tune and front mount lol. I think you can change over to the zr1 intercooler plates that go under the blower too but im not sure on that... theyre somewhat a detuned zr1 motor with less forged/fancy stuff below.

joeason1010

Banned
I really don't think a hot chick in a 70k luxury car is interested in a couple of kids in a cobra but cause she barely got beat, she has her sugar daddy at home probably with a few new mods to boot...:poke:

Tyler

This is true she probably does. "Hunny, His supercharger screams louder than mine do something hurry spends some money on me once in a while" HAHAH that's probably how it went

ShawnyB

Street Veteran
Established Member
Brand New CTS V is rated at 12.1 qtr mile proffessionaly driven....
It has the ZR1 supercharged 6.2 liter motor with bout' 565 chp

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Brand New CTS V is rated at 12.1 qtr mile proffessionaly driven....
It has the ZR1 supercharged 6.2 liter motor with bout' 565 chp
It has a "similar" engine, but its not the same. Its actually an LS3 with a S/C, difference from ZR1 and LS3 is kind of like the difference from a Termi engine and N/A Cobra. :beer: But yes they are really fast. My friends dad just bought one and he said its the fastest thing he has ever driven....ever! Also O.P Nice kill but one thing, I dont think the CTS-V's (yes the new ones) have Supercharged emblems.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
You would not have beaten the 09 and up CTS-V in a one gear pull or any gear for that matter. They are faster than a pulllied cobra and have a much fatter torque band. You may have run into an older V, and you beat the WOMAN driver not the car....

NA_Cobra

Established Member
CTS-Vs with the LSA 6.2L motor is rated at 559bhp, dyno 490-495rwhp and traps between 118-119mph.

STS-Vs are 6.0L rated at 469bhp, dyno 380-390rwhp and traps 110mph.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
CTS-Vs with the LSA 6.2L motor is rated at 559bhp, dyno 490-495rwhp and traps between 118-119mph.

STS-Vs are 6.0L rated at 469bhp, dyno 380-390rwhp and traps 110mph.

The STS-V's are northstar motors with blowers. I think they are 4.6 liters and aren't based on the lsx platform.

The 06-07 cts-v's had the 6.0 liter ls2.

Users who are viewing this thread