My Cobra v 08' Ferrari Scaglietti 612

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
I was out for a beautiful Sunday drive today when along comes this black Ferrari. I had never seen one like it before. What a sweet piece of machinery. Of course, I was game for a little one on one. 3 times we lined up on the highway and all three times he could hang with me but never get past me. When I got home and looked it up online, I found out that he is out of the box 540hp. So, it was a fair match to my car. It was a nice kill for a Sunday drive. Just think my car only cost $40k to get that kind of HP, he had to spend $250k !!!

1097389.jpg

1097390.jpg

Last edited:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
by show of hands, who would rather drive the Ferrari?

J/K man, but who really cares about the money

its always nice to show up an exotic, congrats!

YoungGun03

Borderline questionable
Established Member
If only...if only..
I ran into one of these 2 days ago and the guy wouldnt even look at me:nonono:
Way to show him up man.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
That's awesome man. Sounds like a cool guy.

You don't buy a Ferrari only to go fast though. Sweet kill for sure though.

sb306

Established Member
That's awesome man. Sounds like a cool guy.

You don't buy a Ferrari only to go fast though. Sweet kill for sure though.
yea, some people buy them to show that they have more money than brains. cool looking car though.

Common

Established Member
He will have a nice story to tell his buddies on his next golfing date with them.

SINISTER LS1

Banned
Money excuse = ricer. Well if it makes you feel better then good for you. I'd rather drive a Ferrari any day of the week then a Cobra. I love Cobras, but it's a Ferrari!

Good race.

warpd

Established Member
I'd rather drive a Ford GT save about 100k and still wax that Ferrari ass in a straight line and around turns. Sorry but the money excuse does not always=ricer sometimes it = smart buyer. Why pay more money for less performance?

Last edited:

ttadriver

Established Member
I'd rather drive a Ford GT save about 100k and still wax that Ferrari ass in a straight line and around turns. Sorry but the money excuse does not always=ricer sometimes it = smart buyer. Why pay more money for less performance?

You pay more for the car because you can, does anyone need over 5000 sq feet for a home with 2 people living in it, no; but people do things because others cannot.
I hate say it, but the Ford GT's performance (unmodified) is becoming a little long in the tooth. There are two less expensive cars which have currently posted quicker times in C&Ds lighting lap (zo6 and 600hp viper).
But most of us would agree that the extra 50K to spend for a Ford GT's exclusivity is worth the price difference.
But the price excuse that many people use, is a lame cop out.
I guess the guy with the $8000 Monza that runs 10s is the smartest guy on the street. He may very well be, but I still would not want to be in or own his vehicle

------
07 FJ Cruiser
04 MB E500
97 Viper GTS B/W
93 Mustang Cobra teal
89 Anniv. Turbo Trans Am hardtop

warpd

Established Member
Comparing a Monza to a Ferrari is completely different than comparing a GT to Ferrari. The Monza is not even in the same stratosphere the GT is.

sb306

Established Member
You pay more for the car because you can, does anyone need over 5000 sq feet for a home with 2 people living in it, no; but people do things because others cannot.
I hate say it, but the Ford GT's performance (unmodified) is becoming a little long in the tooth. There are two less expensive cars which have currently posted quicker times in C&Ds lighting lap (zo6 and 600hp viper).
But most of us would agree that the extra 50K to spend for a Ford GT's exclusivity is worth the price difference.
But the price excuse that many people use, is a lame cop out.
I guess the guy with the $8000 Monza that runs 10s is the smartest guy on the street. He may very well be, but I still would not want to be in or own his vehicle
Status symbol plain and simple. 90% of people that drive ferraris would buy them if they had 300hp let alone 600hp. But its the ones that buy them because its the fastest thing in the world and they get smoked by a $30k cobra that make it pricelss. Whatever anyone says a 250k car should beat the shit out of anything that's under $70k, $50k, and especially $30k(or maybe even a truck). When they don't, it makes me laugh. When you drive a nice vehicle that can be driven everyday and is comfortable(cobra, lighting etc) its a lot different than a $8000 monza that runs 10s. It would be like comparing a gutted, blown, sprayed civic that runs 11s with a full weight cobra that runs 11s. They might be fairly close in price, but its a totally different kind of vehicle. Of course someone that has $250k to spend on a ferrari would think a cobra was a shitbox(mainly because they use they're car for a status symbol instead of enjoying it), so its a neverending argument. And I don't want to hear the "you get more girls with a ferrari" agrument. If your using a car to get girls, your doing something wrong. I agree about the GT though. Ill take a a zr1 or a z06 thank you.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
This argument comes up every time a member of this site runs into an exotic.

"Mine costs less and has more power!"

"Yeah but it's a Ferrari."

"IDK about you guys, but I bet if you wipe your **** on it, you're **** will turn gold."

People buy these cars for more than performance. It's a luxury and build quality thing. How many Ferraris do you hear of that have headticks? How many people who buy Ferraris complain of interior squeaks and rattles?

Different cars all together. One is sophisticated and fast all at the same time, the other is fast, but can be made brutally fast with little money. 2 cars that are kinda similar but completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread