My Cobra Survived Hurricane Charley (Pics - DUW)

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Well... I just got my internet back today. Lots of people around Orlando still don't have power, but I was fortunate to get it back Saturday morning around 11am.

The pictures below are from saturday afternoon when my room mate and I drove around town to assess all the damage. After driving around we realized that we were really lucky that the only damage our apartment complex sustained was some siding that came off some of our buildings.

This subaru owner lost control of his car avoiding a fallen tree and drove under the chain-link fence.
Charley_00.JPG

Charley_01.JPG

Charley_02.JPG

Charley_03.JPG

Charley_04.JPG

Charley_05.JPG

Charley_06.JPG

Charley_07.JPG

Charley_08.JPG

Charley_09.JPG

Charley_10.JPG

Charley_11.JPG

Charley_12.JPG

Charley_13.JPG

Charley_14.JPG

My friends next door neighbor went out driving in the storm and returned with this street light in his trunk.
Charley_15.JPG

Me and my room mate ended up stocking this girl while we driving around... though it was worth adding... :nice:
Charley_16.JPG

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Dude, so sorry to see it happened to you. I live in a Suburb of Houston that is about an hour away from The gulf, I hate that it happened to you, but I feel like us down here dodged a bullet. Hope we can last out the year.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
damn
glad you are ok

i bet steve francis wants to stay in orlando...

Last edited:

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
and you go through that every year? it seems that every storm that goes through the gulf goes trough florida. we in houston have dodged many of them but they seem to like florida. i hated when allison came here. it was the worst flood ever.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Those pics remind me of the poor kid from Marshalburg NC that posted pics of his Mustang under water when hurricane Isabel came through last year. I still own the house in NC that I grew up in so I know how it feels to deal with storms. Good luck with rebuilding down there guys!

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
Originally posted by LS-WHAT?
and you go through that every year?

Its not so bad. It either put up with the weather here, or deal with mother nature in any other part of the country. To hell with the cold up north, Tornados in the mid-west, and earthquakes out west!

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
no earthquakes here, small tornados hardly any at all. i still havent seen one, and last year we only had like two or three months of cold weather. during christmas it was @ 70

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
Damn, glad u made it out nice and dry... lol Being on the Gulf as well, we take our risks... Love the bad weather though. Always good to kick up in a nice stable house on the beach, pop a few tops, and watch it all roll in :)

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by BenBrausen
Hows it blow everything away except this little "Vote for...." signs that are just stuck in the grass?

i noticed that to lol how the heck those are so easy to get out of the ground

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I was out there in Kissimmee when it hit at my dad's. I was glad my cobra was back in Cali! I saw many cars, homes, and businesses totalled.

To prove god does not play favorites...a hooters was hit hard as well as a local church.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
yeah, i did some driving around saturday morning and then again saturday night with some friends. a lot of places got damaged.

the part that REALLY sucked is 110,000+ homes were out of power. i was without power for 6 days. sucked.

oh well, good thing this only happens once evey 6-8 years!

Users who are viewing this thread